+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Work Permit rejected-cause knowledge not unique

kriscanada

Dec 19, 2011
Hi Team,

I applied for Canadian Work Permit and Multiple entry TRV visa in november, and recieved my passport back on Saturday with Work permit refused.
I work for a multinational company on H1B visa in US, and applied in Detroit.
The reason for my denial is, "Your knowledge is not unique within either the company or the industry"..
I work for a Telecommunication Company as a Sr RAN Engineer, and my company wanted me to work on Canadian projects as well within the same company in Canada, that was the reason of me applying for Work Permit.

Now, what are my chances of work permit approval when I apply again? Or an appeal? What shall I put in my application to prove my knowledge is unique.
Also, how long does it take if I just apply a TRV visa..

kriscanada

Dec 19, 2011
Request inputs from the people around here, if anybody has had similar situation in the past?
What can be done?

optimus

Dec 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2013
AOR Received.
26-02-2013
IELTS Request
With App
Med's Request
21-11-2013
Med's Done....
28-11-2013
Passport Req..
11-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2013
LANDED..........
30-12-2013
Hi Kris,
You mentioned that you work for MNC, Who actually prepared the application? Yourself or company applied for you? It looks like you have not given enough job description or you may not have enough experience. If you are working in the same area for more than 5yrs I am sure you must have done enough projects to substantiate your expertise in that field. There must be some unique tool /flow / implementation process in your company in which you are hands on. You should highlight those
Review your resume, invite letter from your company ...Btw Are you applying on Intra company transfer?
Anyways If your company can hire a lawyer it would help, as this is more case specific and need proper deligence before you apply again.

sttn

Dec 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
kriscanada said:
Hi Team,

I applied for Canadian Work Permit and Multiple entry TRV visa in november, and recieved my passport back on Saturday with Work permit refused.
I work for a multinational company on H1B visa in US, and applied in Detroit.
The reason for my denial is, "Your knowledge is not unique within either the company or the industry"..
I work for a Telecommunication Company as a Sr RAN Engineer, and my company wanted me to work on Canadian projects as well within the same company in Canada, that was the reason of me applying for Work Permit.

Now, what are my chances of work permit approval when I apply again? Or an appeal? What shall I put in my application to prove my knowledge is unique.
Also, how long does it take if I just apply a TRV visa..
Did you have a detailed job description on an offer letter from your company to support your work permit application? Have you checked the NOC codes to see which category of a job you could fit in CANADA? You may not need a LMO from HRSDC on my opinion as you said you are an engineer, worth checking on that too.
There is no requirement to apply for a TRV if you are from a country which requires a visa to visit Canada and applying for a work permit. If you are applying for your work permit in a Canadian visa office out side canada, you are automatically getting a TRV with no additional fee as a part of the workpermit process.

kriscanada

Dec 19, 2011
My Company lawyer applied for my workpermit. My experience is more than 5 years in the same filed(Telecommunication).
I did have my resume along with my application which has all my job duties..

However, the lawyer is re-applying for my case with much more detailed job description.

HaiAmi

Dec 21, 2011
I'm also going to work in Canada. so I'm also very want to know about this information. I hope people will share with me