+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Work Experience

javierlok

Jul 20, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am in a PGWP and it is almost expiring it soon. The PGWP was issued on July 27th, 2016, and I started to work on August 1st, 2016, but I was in probation for 2 months and I got a contract on October 1st, 2016. So I already did my EE profile and in the work section I put October 1st, 2016 since that day I got my contract. My question is that, can I change it from October 1st, 2016 to August 1st, 2016 so I can make it to 3 years period of Canadian Work Experience?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am in a PGWP and it is almost expiring it soon. The PGWP was issued on July 27th, 2016, and I started to work on August 1st, 2016, but I was in probation for 2 months and I got a contract on October 1st, 2016. So I already did my EE profile and in the work section I put October 1st, 2016 since that day I got my contract. My question is that, can I change it from October 1st, 2016 to August 1st, 2016 so I can make it to 3 years period of Canadian Work Experience?
Your work experience is authorized from the date you submitted your PGWP application. So as long as you applied for the PGWP before you started working, those many number of days will count

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1181&top=15
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/post-grad.asp

Please check this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/counting-working-experience-between-graduation-and-work-permit.520959/

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Hi Everyone,

How are you gonna get to 3 years when your PGWP gonna expire in July 26 July 2019?

jahrule

Star Member
Dec 31, 2015
Keep working til July 27, 2019 to make to 3 years. But bimale4bipeople already answered my question.
Point taken, however, it clearly states that whatever work that is completed while on a study permit does not count towards work experience it is the work after your PGWP is granted that counts. But is is ok to work while you wait for the PGWP to process, even if that study permit expires. But it is up to you if you want to be misled and count it. It's on their website go research it and read for yourself. Be fully informed

javierlok

Jul 20, 2018
Point taken, however, it clearly states that whatever work that is completed while on a study permit does not count towards work experience it is the work after your PGWP is granted that counts. But is is ok to work while you wait for the PGWP to process, even if that study permit expires. But it is up to you if you want to be misled and count it. It's on their website go research it and read for yourself. Be fully informed
I appreciated it! I know that the moment they issue you the PGWP you can claim points of Canadian work experience. Even though if it is expired I can apply for study permit to further get more points for having 1 degree of 4 years and 1 diploma of 1 year. Thanks for your careness!