+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Visitor Visa/Study Permit + USA F-1 Visa

xrb936

Apr 1, 2019
Hi guys, I am facing a quite complicated question right now, and I am hoping that you can help me with that.

I am an international undergraduate student currently in the USA right now and I will get my degree after this semester. And then I need to move to Ottawa for my graduate school in Sep 2019. Since my F-1 status in the USA will be expired within the next few weeks, I am thinking that if I can drive to Canada myself (with rental car) and move all my personal staff to Canada with my visitor visa. After that, I am planning to fly back to my country from Ottawa and stay until mid-August, then I will fly to Canada with my student visa and get my study permit.

So now my question is does this plan sounds OK to you guys? I am worried about that if they will refuse me to enter Canada with my visitor visa because I am carrying a lot of personal staff. Or do you guys have any suggestions? I really appreciate that.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys, I am facing a quite complicated question right now, and I am hoping that you can help me with that.

I am an international undergraduate student currently in the USA right now and I will get my degree after this semester. And then I need to move to Ottawa for my graduate school in Sep 2019. Since my F-1 status in the USA will be expired within the next few weeks, I am thinking that if I can drive to Canada myself (with rental car) and move all my personal staff to Canada with my visitor visa. After that, I am planning to fly back to my country from Ottawa and stay until mid-August, then I will fly to Canada with my student visa and get my study permit.

So now my question is does this plan sounds OK to you guys? I am worried about that if they will refuse me to enter Canada with my visitor visa because I am carrying a lot of personal staff. Or do you guys have any suggestions? I really appreciate that.
No - not OK unfortunately. You can't move your stuff here on a visitor visa. Visitor visas allow you to visit - not move here or live here. Expect problems at the border. You need to wait until you have an approved study permit before you can move all of your personal belonging here.

xrb936

Apr 1, 2019
No - not OK unfortunately. You can't move your stuff here on a visitor visa. Visitor visas allow you to visit - not move here or live here. Expect problems at the border. You need to wait until you have an approved study permit before you can move all of your personal belonging here.
My study permit has been approved. So you mean that I can go there just with my study permit?