+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian visa while being Temporary reseident in USA

gogadrum

Nov 22, 2009
Hi,

Myself and family (From Pakistan) as temporary residents in New York. I work for United Nations and on an official assignment till End of Oct 2010. Our visa type is G4. I want to send my wife+6 year old kid (Remember not me) to Canada during my kid's summer school break to visit her brother who is a citizen of Canada. We also have applied for Skilled class immigration back in Pakistan and that case is under process (we got the initial approval)

Please let me know the following:

1. What are the chances that they will get the visit visa

2. If we take our documents personally to the Canadian embassy in New York, will we be interviewed on the spot or be given a differnt date?

3. Any other special consideration that we should be aware of?

Mantega

May 8, 2010
I dont know if this might help, but here in Canada, visitors {non-immigrants} with multiple or single entry visas need no additional visa to visit the US and Saint peare. As long as their visit falls within the validity period of the visa.
US citizens as well as Canadian citizens dont require visiting visas to visit each other, so I dont see any reason why Canadian non-immigrant visitors will be allowed into the states without one and not vice-versa.{ If each of your family member has the visa in his/her passport}
Go on the Canadian embassy website, you might find something interesting. Cheers.