+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian visa denied and brand for five years

Nov 13, 2017
Hello my name is Benita Bernard I applied for a Canada visa three months ago and I got a text saying that my processed passport is ready for pick up so I went to the embassy today and I got denied again because my agent did not address the the first issue on grand about me Applying for a USA visa now I have been band what can I do in this case pls because I am to resume sch in January

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's nothing you can do unfortunately.

Because you failed to mention your US visa refusal in your application for a Canadian study permit, you committed misrepresentation (lying in an immigration application) and you've been banned from Canada for 5 years. Misrepresentation is taken very seriously.

You need to forget about Canada for five years. It's not going to be possible to come here in any way.

Reactions: Jahed
Nov 13, 2017
Hello my name is Benita Bernard I applied for a Canada visa three months ago and I got a text saying that my processed passport is ready for pick up so I went to the embassy today and I got denied again because my agent did not address the the first issue on grand about me Applying for a USA visa now I have been band what can I do in this case pls because I am to resume sch in January

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I think that's why I would never go with an agent, as you do not know what they are putting in your application (unless you ask to see it first). I am from the UK mind you, so relying on an agent is not as much sought after. Unfortunately, as scylla says you can't do anything about it for at least 5 years.

Reactions: scylla
Nov 13, 2017
But I spoke to a immigration lawyer and he Said they can write to the embassy and explaining the reason for the mistake because it a third party I use when applying because they said that I can reapply if my status has change and I have strong document to back my reason that was what the embassy told me in the letter so the lawyer said sometimes can be done with the help of an immigration lawyer but don't know what to do

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But I spoke to a immigration lawyer and he Said they can write to the embassy and explaining the reason for the mistake because it a third party I use when applying because they said that I can reapply if my status has change and I have strong document to back my reason that was what the embassy told me in the letter so the lawyer said sometimes can be done with the help of an immigration lawyer but don't know what to do
You cannot reapply - you are banned. You would have to get the ban overturned.

You can certainly try getting the ban overturned. However this is unlikely to succeed. IRCC holds you responsible for the information in the application - it doesn't matter if you filled it out or a consultant completed it for you. You are still responsible for ensuring all of the information is correct even if someone else fills out the application for you.

But again, you can certainly try working with a lawyer to get the ban overturned. Your choice. Make sure you have a back up plan in the event the ban remains in place and you cannot come to Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
It was your mistake, regardless of who filled out the form or submitted the app on your behalf. It was 100% your responsibility to ensure your app was correct.

As scylla said, you would have to have the ban overturned by proving that they made a miskake and you didn't commit misrepresentation; as you DID commit misrepresentation, that isn't going to happen.