+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian study permit refusal ?

Aero20035

Apr 28, 2015
I'm studying aeronautical engineering in my country ,I have applied on a study permit to study aviation in canada.

Lately, they have sent me asking for my high school certificate and my college transcripts.I have a low grades in my college and dropped some courses through my study period, because of my work off campus and other issues.Will that lead to a refusal for my study permit ?
I have a pilot license and got 7 overall IELTS score

PS: I have been accepted already by an aviation school in Toronto.about funding I proved that i can cover the tution fees for the licenses i intend to take in Canada.Plus, I intend to take more pilot licenses in canada and that is not related to my Aeroengineering GPA whatsoever.

Pures Toro

Star Member
May 8, 2015
Dear Friend,

There is a questions that need to be answered in order for me to advise you.

Did you graduate from college and did you meet the grade requirements of the course you are applying for?

If you answered Yes, just send them your transcripts, they will not deny you the admissions.

As far as Visas are concerned, you have already proven your funding and the admission is approved. you will be fine.

Aero20035

Apr 28, 2015
As for graduation I still have one year left to take my bachelor degree of Aeroengineering.About the minimum requirements of grades of my course that I intend to take,I already have a private pilot license and that is enough to move on to the next other licenses in aviation.

I intend to finish 2 licenses in my summer break it will take me 3-4 months to finish them.

Thanks

Dennia

Jul 23, 2013
St.John's
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Passport Req..
20-Nov-2008
VISA ISSUED...
03-Dec-2008
LANDED..........
15-Dec-2008
As far as Study permit is concerned,dont worry abt it too much, ur low marks in some courses dont really matter as long as u have a decent average .Just mention the facts in ur SOP and u shld not have any problem. Make a note of all the notable things you achieved @ work and school (any projects & seminars in relation with the course will really help u).

I m also an Aero Engineer who immigrated to Canada as a student in 2008 for project management course (My real intention was to do piloting course,but since there was a lot of money involved in doing piloting,I wanted to come to Canada and research about the industry and job oppurtunity after completing my pilot program). After visiting some college and talking to pilots, I soon realized that Canada is the best place to learn piloting,but jobs in Canada fr a pilot is really minimal(better in US). Many fully licsenced canadian pilots are either workin as instructors or working at farms on the small props (very small industry and very minimal good jobs, u need very good contacts to secure a good piloting job in Canada). So if ur intention is getting a job in Canada,then think abt it but if ur intention is passion ,then go fr it.

I did my Aviation Management with 3 co-ops(gets u exposed to aviation job market and good contacts in the industry,meet some very nice people) and was successful in securing a job at an airport right after my graduation. Moved airports in 2014 and now working as an ADM at St.john's airport

Best of luck in ur decision.

Aero20035

Apr 28, 2015
Dennia said:
As far as Study permit is concerned,dont worry abt it too much, ur low marks in some courses dont really matter as long as u have a decent average .Just mention the facts in ur SOP and u shld not have any problem. Make a note of all the notable things you achieved @ work and school (any projects & seminars in relation with the course will really help u).

I m also an Aero Engineer who immigrated to Canada as a student in 2008 for project management course (My real intention was to do piloting course,but since there was a lot of money involved in doing piloting,I wanted to come to Canada and research about the industry and job oppurtunity after completing my pilot program). After visiting some college and talking to pilots, I soon realized that Canada is the best place to learn piloting,but jobs in Canada fr a pilot is really minimal(better in US). Many fully licsenced canadian pilots are either workin as instructors or working at farms on the small props (very small industry and very minimal good jobs, u need very good contacts to secure a good piloting job in Canada). So if ur intention is getting a job in Canada,then think abt it but if ur intention is passion ,then go fr it.
I did my Aviation Management with 3 co-ops(gets u exposed to aviation job market and good contacts in the industry,meet some vry nice people) and was successful in securing a job at an airport right after my graduation. Moved airports in 2014 and now working as an ADM at St.john's airport
Best of luck in ur decision.
Actually all what is in my mind right now is to fly and learn there, any other plans are left aside now.Although, I know that Canada has a charming beauty.
Thanks for your reply :) ,interesting to acquaint with a fellow aeroengineer :)
Hope we catch up some day if i landed in your airport
All the best