+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Student Visa Rejected for Jan 2016. What next?

Manu1992

Dec 26, 2015
Hey All,

I had applied for Canadian student permit for Jan 2016 but my visa was rejected.
My profile is as follows:
10th (2008): 81%
12th (2010) Non Med: 68%
Btech ECE ( 2010-2014) : 67% ( 8 backlogs)
IELTS: O:7, L:8.5 , W:6, R:7, S:7

I got campus placed in one of the top IT companies and have been working with them till now.

I applied for PGD in Business Administratio and Project management from Langara college but my visa was rejected.
The reason i was given was :
1: You couldnt satisfy me with the purpose of visit.
2: Other Reasons

Can someone help me on what to do next in order to get the visa.?

Thanks

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
correct me If I am wrong.
Business admin doesnt sound like related to Btech.

Manu1992

Dec 26, 2015
floomy said:
correct me If I am wrong.
Business admin doesnt sound like related to Btech.

Yeah it doesnt.
My consultant told me i can do business administration like many do in India so i trusted him and applied for it.
Please tell me what can be the possible solution now.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manu1992 said:
Yeah it doesnt.
My consultant told me i can do business administration like many do in India so i trusted him and applied for it.
Please tell me what can be the possible solution now.
well.
your study field in Canada should be related to your previous study or/and work experience.
you might wanna consider to change a course or write a good cover letter for the reason of change of your study (would not mention that your consultant recommended though)

Manu1992

Dec 26, 2015
floomy said:
well.
your study field in Canada should be related to your previous study or/and work experience.
you might wanna consider to change a course or write a good cover letter for the reason of change of your study (would not mention that your consultant recommended though)
I have got admission in Conestoga college for May 2016 intake in Wireless Infrastructure Course which matches my profile but what reason can i give in SOP to convince them with the reason of my course change.?

I have also applied for CAIPS notes

diabolical

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
floomy said:
well.
I am facing a similar problem here. Kind of need advice badly.
My previous feild was in accounting but my consultants told me to go for international business mgt course only to get a refusal.

Now i am thinking to take an accounting course in the same college. So how can i justify the VO that why did i choose IBM in first instance..? Can i not put the blame on my agents.?
Please advice

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have to be honest on your cover letter : ex: you mistakenly agreed what the consultant recommended but change to program what you initially wanted etc.

still you need to provide solid proof for connection between previous study/work experience and program you are going to study in Canada.

beside good financial proof, also you should provide good home tie .

you agreed with the consultant in order to get a visa and come to Canada, it would bring some questions/suspicions about your return to home after study.
provide as much as you can : job offer, family/home tie etc.

Good luck .

diabolical

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
floomy said:
you have to be honest on your cover letter : ex: you mistakenly agreed what the consultant recommended but change to program what you initially wanted etc.

still you need to provide solid proof for connection between previous study/work experience and program you are going to study in Canada.

beside good financial proof, also you should provide good home tie .

you agreed with the consultant in order to get a visa and come to Canada, it would bring some questions/suspicions about your return to home after study.
provide as much as you can : job offer, family/home tie etc.

Good luck .
i have my whole background in accounting As i am a CA student. my work experience is also from chartered accountant firm. is it enough to show the relevance of my previous study to proposed one ? the course i am thinking is strategic mgt accounting from centennial college. its only a 1 year course i.e a PG certificate course. so is it a wise choice.? or should i look for somthing else?

thankyou

Manu1992

Dec 26, 2015
Manu1992 said:
Hey All,

I had applied for Canadian student permit for Jan 2016 but my visa was rejected.
My profile is as follows:
10th (2008): 81%
12th (2010) Non Med: 68%
Btech ECE ( 2010-2014) : 67% ( 8 backlogs)
IELTS: O:7, L:8.5 , W:6, R:7, S:7

I got campus placed in one of the top IT companies and have been working with them till now.

I applied for PGD in Business Administratio and Project management from Langara college but my visa was rejected.
The reason i was given was :
1: You couldnt satisfy me with the purpose of visit.
2: Other Reasons

Can someone help me on what to do next in order to get the visa.?

Thanks

Can elders please help.?
Thinking of reapplying in wireless course in conestoga!
Can someone please help me on what to do and how to write a good SOP?

phoenix9

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
When were you rejected? I applied for student visa, haven't heard from them yet. When did you apply?

Manu1992

Dec 26, 2015
phoenix9 said:
When were you rejected? I applied for student visa, haven't heard from them yet. When did you apply?
I had applied on 9th november and got rejection letter on 26th November. When did u apply and for which intake?

phoenix9

Star Member
Dec 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
I applied on December 15th from Nepal for January 2016 intake. Have not heard from them yet. I guess rejected.

psandhu1993

Dec 20, 2015
Be positive.. if ur application is taking ime .it doesnt mean that u will be rejected for sure. Its just that they have load of files and all the more rightnow they are on holidays. Be positive . All the best

Manu1992

Dec 26, 2015
phoenix9 said:
I applied on December 15th from Nepal for January 2016 intake. Have not heard from them yet. I guess rejected.
I think last day to apply for jan intake was in 1st week of dec. And now they have holidays. So maybe tomorrow you will get an answer

aidoo25

Aug 2, 2015
phoenix9 said:
@ Phoenix9. Have faith for I believe you will get get news soon. 15th Dec seems kinds late but once its still in processing, it should be a good news. Stay positive.