+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Student Visa Processing Time in the UAE

ikhouri

Jun 13, 2018
Hello, I am creating this thread in order to see if anyone in this forum have applied for a Canadian Student Visa in the UAE to share their experience with me.

I have applied for a student visa and submitted my biometrics on the 4th of July 2018 (7 weeks and 1 day ago) and so far I did not get a reply. Also the VFS did not collect my passport saying they will collect it only after I get accepted, which will take another 1 week after submitting. And my college in Canada starts on the 5th of September.

Does the Canadian Embassy consider the starting dates of the semester for the student applying for the visa? Or do they just take the regular processing time with everyone? Keeping in mind that when I applied on the 4th of July, The processing time of Canadian student visa in the UAE was 5 weeks according to the CIC website.

Hope anyone could share their experience with me. Thank you.

ikhouri

Jun 13, 2018
Hello I applied on the 22nd of April to AD embassy...still waiting.
You have been waiting for 4 months? That's impossible! I've been told the maximum period is 2 months and a half. I'm sure there's something wrong with your application, you need to call and check.

Dirki

Aug 2, 2018
United Arab Emirates
Hi,

Good luck in your visa. I will be submitting my application soon for my study permit. I will be applying online from the UAE for May 2019 intake as I expect this phenomenon will happen and will take longer to process my application.

I have plenty of friends who haven’t heard back yet after 4 months. Fingers crossed for you!