+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian passport no last name issues ?????

dudegujrat

Jan 27, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2011
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER feb 20 2012
AOR Received.
feb 20 2012
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
22/03/2012 and 2nd AOR
Med's Request
25 april 2012 by God`s Grace
Med's Done....
30 april 2012 and ecas updated to medical received by GOD's Grace on 7may 2012
Interview........
WAIVED OFF BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
25april 2012 with Grace of God and RPRF encashed on 16 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GOD'S GRACE 5 june DECISION MADE 8 JUNE 2012
LANDED..........
21 June 2012
One question I would like to apply passport on Monday here is my name on citizenship certificate

First name........ empty
Last name D..... Singh

If I would like not correct this and apply passport like this will it any problems in future while traveling.

Thanks in advance

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
dudegujrat said:
One question I would like to apply passport on Monday here is my name on citizenship certificate

First name........ empty
Last name D..... Singh

If I would like not correct this and apply passport like this will it any problems in future while traveling.

Thanks in advance
What's your province?

I am not sure if there would be any issues or not but it's better to get a name change.

Here is the process:

Get a legal name change in your province and then get your corresponding ids changed after the name change like drivers license, health card, credit cards, sin etc etc. Once done, apply for citizenship certificate again with the name change and then once you get your new citizenship certificate, get a new passport with the proper name. The name change process including ID changes may take up to 2 months and 6 months for the citizenship certificate.

dudegujrat

Jan 27, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2011
Doc's Request.
Waived
Nomination.....
PER feb 20 2012
AOR Received.
feb 20 2012
IELTS Request
sent
File Transfer...
22/03/2012 and 2nd AOR
Med's Request
25 april 2012 by God`s Grace
Med's Done....
30 april 2012 and ecas updated to medical received by GOD's Grace on 7may 2012
Interview........
WAIVED OFF BY GOD'S GRACE
Passport Req..
25april 2012 with Grace of God and RPRF encashed on 16 may 2012
VISA ISSUED...
BY GOD'S GRACE 5 june DECISION MADE 8 JUNE 2012
LANDED..........
21 June 2012
thecoolguysam said:
What's your province?

I am not sure if there would be any issues or not but it's better to get a name change.

Here is the process:

Get a legal name change in your province and then get your corresponding ids changed after the name change like drivers license, health card, credit cards, sin etc etc. Once done, apply for citizenship certificate again with the name change and then once you get your new citizenship certificate, get a new passport with the proper name. The name change process including ID changes may take up to 2 months and 6 months for the citizenship certificate.

Thanks a lot my province is BC

The process seems to long so far I want enjoy passport services to travel I spoke to an consultant they said even though if I keep the same name there shouldn't be a problem. I hope passport canada issues me a passport with same name without any issues.

Thanks

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I am from BC as well.

The issuance of passport is not a problem but the name may cause some issues while travelling to some countries(I am not too sure though)

Its better to have a proper name with surname. I had the same issue when I landed here but after couple of months I changed my name and then I changed my name on all my ids like pr card, indian passport (by indian rules and regulations), sin card, care card, drivers license, bank cards etc etc. When I applied for citizenship, I already had a proper name.

The process is simple:
Get paperwork from vital statistics agency website:, apply for proper name change, get fingerprints etc etc. then the name change certificate will come in a month or so (could be less too). Then get your IDs changed like drivers license, health card, sin card, credit cards etc etc which can take another couple of months. Once all the IDs are changed, then apply for citizenship certificate with new name and it may take 6 months to process (could be less too) and then apply for passport with new name.

Parmeet kaur67

Star Member
May 16, 2018
I am from BC as well.

The issuance of passport is not a problem but the name may cause some issues while travelling to some countries(I am not too sure though)

Its better to have a proper name with surname. I had the same issue when I landed here but after couple of months I changed my name and then I changed my name on all my ids like pr card, indian passport (by indian rules and regulations), sin card, care card, drivers license, bank cards etc etc. When I applied for citizenship, I already had a proper name.

The process is simple:
Get paperwork from vital statistics agency website:, apply for proper name change, get fingerprints etc etc. then the name change certificate will come in a month or so (could be less too). Then get your IDs changed like drivers license, health card, sin card, credit cards etc etc which can take another couple of months. Once all the IDs are changed, then apply for citizenship certificate with new name and it may take 6 months to process (could be less too) and then apply for passport with new name.
Hi there
What are the rules to change name on Indian passport thereafter doing all the formalities in canada?What documents do Indian passport asks for?
Thanks