+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class Help Needed

Jan 29, 2009
Hi, I have filed as a SW under the FSW program, and got an email today that is stating that i do not have enuf proof that i will be employed by my employer indefinitely, so my guide was telling me about applying under the CEC program, and i just want to know if this is ok for me to apply under? I have been working here since Nov 2008 - Present, I started out as a kitchen helper but i have been a cook a long time ago, but my papers where renewed after it expired Nov 2010, so technically i am working as a Cook but still has a Kitchen Helper status, and my guide told me, that its ok to apply under CEC program as long as i have worked here for the past 2 years Straight, i havent gone back home since i came to canada in 2008, and i work more than 37.5 hrs per week, so im just wondering if its ok for me to apply under CEC? I am really confused right now. Thank you for helping and Have a Good Day.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ConfusedWorker said:
Hi, I have filed as a SW under the FSW program, and got an email today that is stating that i do not have enuf proof that i will be employed by my employer indefinitely, so my guide was telling me about applying under the CEC program, and i just want to know if this is ok for me to apply under? I have been working here since Nov 2008 - Present, I started out as a kitchen helper but i have been a cook a long time ago, but my papers where renewed after it expired Nov 2010, so technically i am working as a Cook but still has a Kitchen Helper status, and my guide told me, that its ok to apply under CEC program as long as i have worked here for the past 2 years Straight, i havent gone back home since i came to canada in 2008, and i work more than 37.5 hrs per week, so im just wondering if its ok for me to apply under CEC? I am really confused right now. Thank you for helping and Have a Good Day.
Your "guide" is wrong. Kitchen helper is not considered a "skilled" position. To qualify for CEC, the two years of work must have been in an skill level 0, A or B position.

Jan 29, 2009
THank you for telling me that, and what would be the best way to tackle the situation that i am in? thank you for your time in answering this..

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ConfusedWorker said:
THank you for telling me that, and what would be the best way to tackle the situation that i am in? thank you for your time in answering this..
You don't say what province you are working in. Perhaps PNP might be an option for you if your employer is willing to support you and depending on which province.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
ConfusedWorker said:
Your guide is wrong, you have to be able to prove that you have been working with AUTHORIZATION as a cook (skilled) for at least 2 years. If you are authorized as a kitchen helper (unskilled), you are not authorized as a cook. You need to get a work permit for a cook position in order for your (future) work experience to be counted towards CEC.

rjsessome is right, you might want to look into the PNP program ...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp

Jan 29, 2009
I am from alberta, so i need to work for 2 years as a cook before applying to cec.. thanks for the info guys, i appreciate it..

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ConfusedWorker said:
I am from alberta, so i need to work for 2 years as a cook before applying to cec.. thanks for the info guys, i appreciate it..
With your employer's support, you are eligible for the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program NOW if all of the requirements are met. See the semi-skilled criteria for this program here: http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-eds-semi-skilled-criteria.html

Kitchen helpers are on the list.

kja.journo

Nov 12, 2010
Hi everyone,

We are journalists based in Vancouver currently looking to interview a high-skilled TFW for a 15 minute documentary film, on behalf of the city of Vancouver. The film explores workers' needs and experiences working and living in Vancouver. Its purpose is to raise public awareness around the TFW program to suggest policy changes. Please call or email us if you are interested in sharing your experience, we can also keep your identity anonymous if you are not comfortable sharing your full name on camera.

(778)321-8275 for Krystle
or
email devon.wong@vancouver.ca for Devon

Krystle and Devon