+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship Security Clearance - Pending

TheRajputian

Nov 25, 2018
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Saskatoon
Well I am really upset with my Ctznshp application stuff with CIC. Its like 11th Month going on. Whenever I called CIC agent told me that they still haven't got my security clearance yet. I asked him how long would that take and He replied as an uncertain time length. CIC agent also told me on ph that my application is currently in your local immigration office for further step. Its really frustrating to wait. I done with my fingerprinting on June 20th and didn't hear anything from them till now. They didn't even schedule me for an exam either. I e-mailed My local immigration office and they told me that they will schedule an exam once they receive my security clearance from a third party.

Any recommendation or information regarding my case would be highly appreciated.

Here is the detail of my online status: (Copy & Pasted)
Client Application Status
FAQ | Security
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 25, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 16, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on May 28, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 14, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
So what do you want to hear from us other forum members? Words of compassion maybe? More precise and specific information than those given by the IRCC?

Wait! That’s my only advice to you.

Spend time with the family, study Discover Canada, enjoy Canadian winter.

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Well I am really upset with my Ctznshp application stuff with CIC. Its like 11th Month going on. Whenever I called CIC agent told me that they still haven't got my security clearance yet. I asked him how long would that take and He replied as an uncertain time length. CIC agent also told me on ph that my application is currently in your local immigration office for further step. Its really frustrating to wait. I done with my fingerprinting on June 20th and didn't hear anything from them till now. They didn't even schedule me for an exam either. I e-mailed My local immigration office and they told me that they will schedule an exam once they receive my security clearance from a third party.

Any recommendation or information regarding my case would be highly appreciated.

FAQ | Security
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 25, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 16, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on June 14, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
did you only provide finger print or did they ask you for few more documents?

justwaiting

Oct 25, 2018
Given that the security clearance processing started the day they received my application, it took about 18 months for it to be completed. I was never even asked for additional documents or fingerprints.

Honestly, there is nothing you can do but wait and try to not think about it too much, however frustrating it is. I'm still waiting a month after my security clearance was completed for a decision - but at this point I've stopped letting the actions of incompetent bureaucracies annoy me too much:D

byehello1

Jul 21, 2011

FAQ | Security
Citizenship
Hi TheRajputian , were you able to get security clearance and if yes, then how long did it take?