+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizen Leaving Canada During Sponsorship Application?

violet night

Feb 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

I was wondering, what if a Canadian Citizen leaves Canada after submitting the application for an extended period of time? I am confused by what CIC means by the fact that we need to show the intent of living in Canada once the PA gets PR. How are we supposed to show that when we were residing in Canada when the application is submitted? Do they ask for documents or something during the application process if you leave? Sort of confused as I was thinking to live with my spouse after submitting the application until they get their PR and come together with them. Any advice would be appreciated!

TIA!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I was wondering, what if a Canadian Citizen leaves Canada after submitting the application for an extended period of time? I am confused by what CIC means by the fact that we need to show the intent of living in Canada once the PA gets PR. How are we supposed to show that when we were residing in Canada when the application is submitted? Do they ask for documents or something during the application process if you leave? Sort of confused as I was thinking to live with my spouse after submitting the application until they get their PR and come together with them. Any advice would be appreciated!

TIA!
Yesyou’ll need to provide evidence that you’ll return to Canada. You can update you file once you leave.

violet night

Feb 17, 2021
Yesyou’ll need to provide evidence that you’ll return to Canada. You can update you file once you leave.
What would they want to see as evidence? A return ticket? A job? I know for myself I'm a student and will be graduating next year so I will need to be present, as well as return to Canada once in-person classes resume. Would this suffice?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What would they want to see as evidence? A return ticket? A job? I know for myself I'm a student and will be graduating next year so I will need to be present, as well as return to Canada once in-person classes resume. Would this suffice?
They also want to see housing document such as property tax notice or lease.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Really depends on your circumstances. Proof of in class studying, lease in Canada, proof that your spouse has given notice that he/she is leaving their employment, etc.