+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Business School . . . Do you know anything about this college

H

HBK

Abu Bakr said:
acualy seniors discourage private schools bcoz student go for canada mostly for part time work and after study getting PR. and private school not allowed for work and PR. thatswhy people discourage private school.
and that is why it is hard to convince V.O. why student is going for private college instead of public funded university/college.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Marz said:
Like many good Private Career Colleges they offer excellent career Diploma Programs and do Not charge extra just because your not from Canada. These schools are not for everyone, only for those serious about their career education. Like many private schools they work with external organisations like Oracle and Microsoft. Public Colleges are also good but very expensive for international students. However students at most private career colleges are not allowed to work whilst studying.
Hi,

1. I reject your post because it's false and misleading.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
And I am speaking from the perspective of someone who was born in Canada and has been working for one of Canada's big five banks for 15 years. In other words, I'm trying to explain how this school is seen by the real world. I stand by what I say. Pick a different school - there are many good Canadian public colleges.

I did not immigrate to Canada. I am not discouraging this school because you can't get a work permit if you attend it as a foreign student. I am discouraging it based on how the general Canadian professional / business public views this school.

yasirmajid

Star Member
Oct 30, 2008
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
There are number of private schools (colleges) in GTA. I will list a very few below;

1. Trios
2. Access Business
3. Everest
4. Canadian Business
5. Maple Leaf
6. LSBF

Private colleges might not be best options for International students comparing the community colleges. Students applying to Canada must clearly understand, they are applying to Canada not UK. In UK, you have colleges which offer UK university degree but Canadian colleges does not give you degree from a Canadian university (they do not have they liberty, as far as I have seen here)

Realistically, how many International students will NOT like to work here? Almost every student will like to work atleast 20 hours a week to cover their weekly expenses associated with their living. In my opinion, Private institutions are much suitable options for immigrants or citizen who are seeking a job switch or on EI, as these colleges gets funding from government to support such employees. Also you can certainly not compare the size of any community college with any of these private colleges.

Also the most imperative of all for me is your diploma from a community college may be convertible to a degree into a university, as most of those colleges (you name it) have articulation agreements with the university, whereas you possibly will not get credit for the same if you do from a private college. After visiting almost all colleges in Ontario, I hardly see any private college listed on college degree transfer arrangement? I may be wrong but do you know any? If you find one, let me know I can find this for you from the relevant person in the university.

Regards
YM