+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CANADA WORK EXPO IN LONDON

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008
Hello all

Just to let you know there is a Canada Work Expo in London on the 3oth November where there could be potential employers seeking foreign workers.

May be worth a look.

mrJason

Star Member
Sep 24, 2008
Buy Tickets for London Olympia Expo
29 - 30 November 2008
Olympia Two
Hammersmith Road
London W14 8UX

The countdown to the next London expo has begun. Buy your entry ticket now and start living the dream!

Each Ticket Costs £15.00. Children under 18 years of age are free.
* Please note, tickets are non-refundable

http://www.expo-canada.com/purchase.aspx?expoid=5

Brown eyed girl

Nov 16, 2008
Guys, I went to the last expo. One word of advice - go EARLY. The queues are something unbelievable. I didn't find any jobs there I could apply for but that doesn't mean you might not have more luck. The employers recruiting there were mostly from oil industries and medical field. Bear in mind that for Canadian employers to come all the way to the UK to look for people they're not going to be looking to fill common, everyday jobs. And the competition is tough, applicants there had this grim, don't-mess-with-me look on their faces!

Something that I found interesting (even more now that I think of it) is that there was a guy from the CHC London (he was some kind of Visa official) giving these short seminars of about 20 mins - and he never mentioned ONCE the impact of the new rules. In fact all he kept banging on about is the 67 points and how you can reach that target by adding up all your points for education, work experience, funds to settle etc.
Since the Expo I attended was sometime during the summer and AFTER the rules changed in Feb, it was strange that he did not mention anything at the time. I find it hard to believe they can somehow reject all the people that applied between Feb and now (or whenever they finally decide to announce the new rules) - I mean, think of all the money they are going to have to refund to people and all the immigration lawyers that are suddenly going to lose business because more than half their clients no longer qualify....it's something to think about. I don't think the CIC has thought things through properly - if they wanted to be fair, they would have announced that the rules are changing (i.e. they should have announced BEFORE they changed them and said HOW the new rules would affect people). In that way people would know straight away that they do not qualify and would not waste their time (and that of the CIC) and would have most probably found better use of the CAD$550 we each had to cough up.