+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visitor Visa application processing time

AshokMore

Aug 1, 2022
I have applied for visitor visa on 22nd Feb, 2022 & my Biometric was also completed on March 3, 2020, but till date application status is showing as under processing.

At the time of application it was confirmed that visitor visa will be approved within 35-40 days, not almost its around 150 days after Biometric.

Can anyone confirm how much time I have to wait for approval of visitor visa..?

Thanks & regards,
Ashok R More

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have applied for visitor visa on 22nd Feb, 2022 & my Biometric was also completed on March 3, 2020, but till date application status is showing as under processing.

At the time of application it was confirmed that visitor visa will be approved within 35-40 days, not almost its around 150 days after Biometric.

Can anyone confirm how much time I have to wait for approval of visitor visa..?

Thanks & regards,
Ashok R More
You haven't said what country you have applied from so hard to comment on expected processing times.

Overall, processing is delayed right now due to application volumes and other factors and wait times have increased.

The online processing times are estimates only and not guaranteed processing times. I'm not sure who told you at the time of the application that is was confirmed the visa would be approved within 35-40 days. However that person was wrong.

AshokMore

Aug 1, 2022
You haven't said what country you have applied from so hard to comment on expected processing times.

Overall, processing is delayed right now due to application volumes and other factors and wait times have increased.

The online processing times are estimates only and not guaranteed processing times. I'm not sure who told you at the time of the application that is was confirmed the visa would be approved within 35-40 days. However that person was wrong.
Thanks for your reply. I'm from India.

35-40 days processing time was mentioned on official website of Canada govt. Which is frequently changing from April 22 onwards. I have received communication from immigration dept. that it is being delayed due to increase in volume of application & on going war. But they have not given exact time frame & any other commitment regarding approval of Visa.

In there any way out to check waiting period or checking application nos datewise or which applications processed today, accordingly we can assume tentative time of approval.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply. I'm from India.

35-40 days processing time was mentioned on official website of Canada govt. Which is frequently changing from April 22 onwards. I have received communication from immigration dept. that it is being delayed due to increase in volume of application & on going war. But they have not given exact time frame & any other commitment regarding approval of Visa.

In there any way out to check waiting period or checking application nos datewise or which applications processed today, accordingly we can assume tentative time of approval.
The processing time is just an estimate and not a guaranteed processing time. It also changes based on application volumes. You need to look at current processing times, not the processing time when you submitted your application originally. Right now it is showing 162 days which is the estimated processing time that applies to you.

A commitment or exact processing time is never given. You simply won't get this.

No, there is no way to check which applications are being processed today. It doesn't work this way and applications submitted on the same day can take different lengths of time to process. Each application is individual.

All you can do is wait.

AshokMore

Aug 1, 2022
Yes your are absolutely correct we can only watch.

Presently it is showing 162 days estimated time for approval of Visa, in earlier week it was 160 days, before that it was 155 days, before that it was 148 days, subsequently it was 142, 139, 133, 129, 123, 119, 112 and so on in each next week it is increasing by 4 to 9 days but i think it is applicable for currently applied not for earlier..? Could you clarify this, please.

Rest I have to just wait & watch....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes your are absolutely correct we can only watch.

Presently it is showing 162 days estimated time for approval of Visa, in earlier week it was 160 days, before that it was 155 days, before that it was 148 days, subsequently it was 142, 139, 133, 129, 123, 119, 112 and so on in each next week it is increasing by 4 to 9 days but i think it is applicable for currently applied not for earlier..? Could you clarify this, please.

Rest I have to just wait & watch....
These are only loose estimates so you can’t count on these dates. Unfortunately all you can do is wait. Do not book any tickets until you know you have a visa.

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
Hi Members. Sorry I'm writing here bcz I thought it's better to post my query on an active thread for a quick response.

I have a valid study permit (expiring March 2023). This is an extended permit. TRV is expired and didn't apply for new one as I had no travel plans.

Now I've almost completed my program, just have to write my final exam, wait for grades, transcript and program completion letter and then apply for pgwp.

But I feel like visiting my family in India now after the exams before applying pgwp. Can I apply for my trv now? I am aware that SP is valid for 90 days from the date of issuing program completion letter.