+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visit Visa Urgent Information Required | Invitation Letter from Cisco

Afaq Ahmad

Apr 22, 2017
Dear Members,

I need information about the visit visa for Canada. I have to attend a training session by Cisco Systems in which i enrolled myself and got the confirmation mail to attend the session from Cisco.
I emailed to Cisco team to provide me the letter of invitation for attend this session and in reply they said, the confirmation email from Cisco which i received can be used as the Letter of Invitation and provide to relevant embassy for applying Visa. I have below concerns at which i need your best opinion.

Kindly tell me which documents i need for visit visa?

How much money i need in my bank account to show the money proof to embassy?

Money proof in which type of state would be acceptable by embassy. is it in the running finance state or fixed amount in bank account?

Should i use my own account to show the money proof or my father in case they are my financial sponsor?

If i plan my stay in canada for 10-12 days, then how much money would be sufficient to have in my account as per embassy requirement?

If i show my own bank statement to embassy, is it necessary to give the details of source of income?

Is the confirmation mail from Cisco is enough to show to embassy for Visa?

I am on Job in a company, so which documents i need from my company to show to embassy which will be helpful in order to get the visa?

If i plan my stay in a hotel in canada then which documents I need to show to embassy?

Do I have to give the Statement of Purpose to embassy? Is the requirement from embassy for visit visa?

In case, if my Employer/Company send me to attend this session, then do i have to show the bank account details of my own account or do i have to submit any documents/Financial Proof from my employer/company?

Before submitting visa application, do i have to book the hotel in advance or after the visa submission?

Your urgent reply on my questions will be highly appreciated.
:)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Two questions for you:
1. Is your employer sponsoring your training/visit or are you paying for this training/visit?

2. Why have you enrolled for Cisco training in Canada and not in your country of residence/country closer to where you are?

Cheers

Afaq Ahmad

Apr 22, 2017
Bryanna said:
Hi,

Two questions for you:
1. Is your employer sponsoring your training/visit or are you paying for this training/visit?

2. Why have you enrolled for Cisco training in Canada and not in your country of residence/country closer to where you are?

Cheers
Dear Bryanna,

1- I will pay all the expenses of this visit and my employer gave me a letter which shows my employer gave me permission to attend this session.

2- This training held in multiple countries but not in Pakistan. Dubai session was cancelled last month for which i received email from Cisco therefore i would like to attend this training in Canada. Secondly i would love to visit and see the landscapes of this country. My stay will be 10-12 days longer for that i will book a good hotel near to Cisco Office.

Now what is your opinion on this?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How much travel history do you have? Have you visited countries before requiring visas (e.g. UK, US)?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I suggest you do NOT apply for a TRV for Cisco training in Canada because:
1. Not sure which Cisco training program you have enrolled for. However, Cisco has various training courses available online as well as in other Asian countries (not just in Pakistan and Dubai).

2. Your employer is not sponsoring your visit = Your Cisco training is for your personal benefit

3. You do not have travel history to countries like the US/UK.... or, visits abroad for similar training programs

If the intended Cisco training is in line with your current job responsibilities + your employer will fully sponsor your training, airfare and your visit then you may get a TRV approval. However, your employment/other ties would matter too.

But again, Cisco training is available in a number of Asian countries. The visa officer will question why you want to visit Canada, in particular

Cheers

Afaq Ahmad

Apr 22, 2017
Bryanna said:
Hi,

I suggest you do NOT apply for a TRV for Cisco training in Canada because:
1. Not sure which Cisco training program you have enrolled for. However, Cisco has various training courses available online as well as in other Asian countries (not just in Pakistan and Dubai).

2. Your employer is not sponsoring your visit = Your Cisco training is for your personal benefit

3. You do not have travel history to countries like the US/UK.... or, visits abroad for similar training programs

If the intended Cisco training is in line with your current job responsibilities + your employer will fully sponsor your training, airfare and your visit then you may get a TRV approval. However, your employment/other ties would matter too.

But again, Cisco training is available in a number of Asian countries. The visa officer will question why you want to visit Canada, in particular

Cheers
Dear Bryann,

Thanks for your quick response. Cisco has a sis.company "Meraki" for which they are offering a technical training/Certification program.
This course is not available or offer online so that's candidates have to attend this physically.

Further it is available in multiple countries like in some Europe countries, UK, USA, Canada etc.

If my Employer/Company sponsor my whole visit then which documents are necessary to show and how much money would be in my personal account or its not necessary?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Your employer must provide evidence such as:
1. Letter stating your training and visit i.e. training fees, airfare, hotel bookings, other expenses will be paid for by the employer + the exact visit dates

2. Letter must also state your current responsibilities + why you must undergo this training program + why you seek training in Canada (not in another country)

3. Hotel and flight bookings (provisional, not confirmed bookings)

4. Your employer has paid for your training program. As you have already paid for it then evidence that your employer has reimbursed these fees to you

5. Contact details of your manager and HR

6. Brochure/web pages of the training program

7. Cisco email confirmation

8. Company bank statement

In addition to this, you must prove your employment (employment letter + 3-4 months pay stubs + 6 months personal bank statements + 2 years ITRs) + personal financial situation + other ties (family, assets such as property/land ownership, etc).

If you intend to extend your visit beyond the training schedule for tourism then you must prove:
1. A day-by-day itinerary of what your tourism plans are with detailed expense estimates.... and prove that you can afford this itinerary without borrowing from anyone

2. Provisional hotel bookings

3. You have a good financial situation + personal assets owned by you (not by your dad/family)

Afaq Ahmad

Apr 22, 2017
Bryanna said:
Your employer must provide evidence such as:
1. Letter stating your training and visit i.e. training fees, airfare, hotel bookings, other expenses will be paid for by the employer + the exact visit dates

2. Letter must also state your current responsibilities + why you must undergo this training program + why you seek training in Canada (not in another country)

3. Hotel and flight bookings (provisional, not confirmed bookings)

4. Your employer has paid for your training program. As you have already paid for it then evidence that your employer has reimbursed these fees to you

5. Contact details of your manager and HR

6. Brochure/web pages of the training program

7. Cisco email confirmation

8. Company bank statement

In addition to this, you must prove your employment (employment letter + 3-4 months pay stubs + 6 months personal bank statements + 2 years ITRs) + personal financial situation + other ties (family, assets such as property/land ownership, etc).

If you intend to extend your visit beyond the training schedule for tourism then you must prove:
1. A day-by-day itinerary of what your tourism plans are with detailed expense estimates.... and prove that you can afford this itinerary without borrowing from anyone

2. Provisional hotel bookings

3. You have a good financial situation + personal assets owned by you (not by your dad/family)
Dear Bryanna,

Thanks for your detailed response. Well your answer gave me much details which are very beneficial for me. Kindly take a look on below concerns and guide me accordingly.

In case my employer is my sponsor, then how much money should i have in my personal account would be sufficient to stay in Canada for 10-15 days? What do you say if i have 15,000 to 17,000 CAD in my account. Is it sufficient to show to embassy for 15 days visit?

Is it necessary that the bank statement of personal account must be min. 6 months old?

This training is free of cost for Cisco Meraki Partners so my Employer does not have to pay for this training/Certification.

Is it important to show the company bank statement to embassy? In case, Employer do not agree to give the company bank statement which is a confidential matter, then what will be the alternate solution for this problem?

What is meant by ITRs???

If i don't have any personal assets, Land ownership then don't you think that my personal Bank Statement of 15-17,000 CAD is enough as financial evidence?

Looking forward to your positive reply.

Thanks
Afaq Ahmad

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Afaq Ahmad said:
Dear Bryanna,
In case my employer is my sponsor, then how much money should i have in my personal account would be sufficient to stay in Canada for 10-15 days?
Your employer should pay for your hotel (for the training) + airfare + incidental expenses.

You will pay for hotel (tourism) + meals/local travel/incidental expenses (after the training)

Do you intend to stay back for 10-15 days after your training? Do you have a Canadian host/relative (for your stay as a tourist)?

What do you say if i have 15,000 to 17,000 CAD in my account. Is it sufficient to show to embassy for 15 days visit?
Have you earned this money i.e. supporting documents can prove it is your money (salary slips, Income Tax Returns, bank statements)..... or have you borrowed some of it?

Is it necessary that the bank statement of personal account must be min. 6 months old?
Do check the Visa Office Instructions for Pakistan. It would be between 4-6 months if I'm not mistaken.

BTW the visa officer is smart to do a simple 2+2 math to see if your bank statement adds up to your salary/income.

This training is free of cost for Cisco Meraki Partners so my Employer does not have to pay for this training/Certification.
You must include evidence that says so + a copy of the certification/agreement that your employer is a Cisco partner

Is it important to show the company bank statement to embassy? In case, Employer do not agree to give the company bank statement which is a confidential matter, then what will be the alternate solution for this problem?
Have you asked your employer? What other financial evidence is your employer willing to provide to support your TRV application?

What is meant by ITRs???
Income Tax Returns

If i don't have any personal assets, Land ownership then don't you think that my personal Bank Statement of 15-17,000 CAD is enough as financial evidence?
Financial evidence is one thing and personal assets are another. Financial situation can only pay for a visit. Personal assets indicate the probability that you will return to Pakistan after your visit