+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canada visit for conference visa (mexican rejection in the past)

Lamei

Feb 18, 2020
Hello, i want to apply to a visitor visa for attending a conference, however i heard that visa rejections from other countries would harm my application?

so i had one tourist visa rejection from mexico 3 years ago due to not having a bank account, i was oblivious about this before as i thought that stating that i have the money in cash would be enough, i was wrong.
what can i write to better my application? i stated the reason in the cover letter, is there anything else i can do?
I really would appreciate the help, thanks.

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hello, i want to apply to a visitor visa for attending a conference, however i heard that visa rejections from other countries would harm my application?
Not declaring rejection would harm the application. The more that you'll be refused as you are not being truthful.
so i had one tourist visa rejection from mexico 3 years ago due to not having a bank account, i was oblivious about this before as i thought that stating that i have the money in cash would be enough, i was wrong.
what can i write to better my application? i stated the reason in the cover letter, is there anything else i can do?
I really would appreciate the help, thanks.
On the cover letter you just need to be direct to state your reason WHY you need to go to Canada (the purpose of the visit).
I say this because your other documents will speak on your behalf ( Travel History, Proof of Funds...etc). No need to mention again these things since you already attached them.

Reactions: Lamei

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Have you attended a similar conference elsewhere? Is your employer or the conference covering all your costs? Based on your past posts your sister sponsored your parents for a green card, have you tried to visit them in the US? Getting a Canadian TRV is very difficult.

Reactions: Lamei

Lamei

Feb 18, 2020
Have you attended a similar conference elsewhere? Is your employer or the conference covering all your costs? Based on your past posts your sister sponsored your parents for a green card, have you tried to visit them in the US? Getting a Canadian TRV is very difficult.
No i haven't attended a conference elsewhere, my employer is covering the costs, and no i did not visit my sister in the past

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No i haven't attended a conference elsewhere, my employer is covering the costs, and no i did not visit my sister in the past
Where are you from? Those are a lot of warning signs. You are trying to attend your first conference in Canada yet you have not attempted to visit your family in the US. What type of conference is it and how long have you been employed with this company?

Lamei

Feb 18, 2020
Where are you from? Those are a lot of warning signs. You are trying to attend your first conference in Canada yet you have not attempted to visit your family in the US. What type of conference is it and how long have you been employed with this company?
been employed since 2016 and the company is sending me to attend