+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada TRV Visa from London UK Help Bryanna

Sunny_1234

Jul 11, 2016
Dear All

I have been a silent viewer on this forum while reading all the related topics for TRV Visa. First of all I appreciate Bryanna for his great help for everyone here on this forum.

I will be applying for the TRV Visa in August as a tourist for 7 days holidays for November. I need some help with the questions in regards to the application and requirements.
I am living in the UK for almost 7 years and have a UK residence permit which gets renewed every 2.5 years. I am 23 Graduate and have a Permanent Job from two years and recently registered my own business too. My father is a British citizen and I live with my family and siblings.

In the application form it says add 10 years of Employment History; as I have only worked for 2 years and before then I have been studying. so Can I mention student there ? also the space there is not enough as I cannot add all 10 years of studying history there what to do about this ?

Purpose for visit: Although I know few of my friends in Canada but they cannot provide me with an invitation letter therefore, in the Name, address section what shall I include?

I have gathered these documents to support my online application for TRV.

1: Cover Letter including the list of documents I will be attaching with my application. is there anything else I can include in my cover letter?
2: 4 months Bank Statement, is 4 months bank statement is enough? showing 12000$ CAD after Hotel and Airfare
3: 4 months Payslips. Are these enough ?
4: Leave Approval Letter from my Employer
5: Employment Letter Showing my Position, Salary, Role and any bonuses.
6: Utility Bills, Note: As I live with my parents house I dont have any property papers. however I have some utility bills under my name.
7: Medical Card
8: Hotel Booking
9: Air itinerary
10: Day to Day Itinerary with approx expenses note: kindly help me with the format to use for this?
11: Parents Passport Pictures n Residence Permit.
12: My Passport Page with Stamps and Residence Permit.
13: Old Passport has 2 UK visit visas shall I include those in the application?

Kindly Help me by looking at my documents and situation Is there any thing else I can Include or add to strengthen my application for Visit.

I shall be very Thankful for your kind advice on this.

Regards

Sunny

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sunny,

Bryanna is a she btw ;D

lets see if I can help you too :)

Sunny_1234 said:
I am living in the UK for almost 7 years and have a UK residence permit which gets renewed every 2.5 years.
How long is your current resident permit valid for?

In the application form it says add 10 years of Employment History; as I have only worked for 2 years and before then I have been studying. so Can I mention student there ? also the space there is not enough as I cannot add all 10 years of studying history there what to do about this ?
yes you can mention the study activities in employment activities. Mention clearly you were studying. If you want to add everything up to 10 years you can include this as a separate document. In my husbands application he did not enter all the employment activities for the pas 10 years.

Purpose for visit: Although I know few of my friends in Canada but they cannot provide me with an invitation letter therefore, in the Name, address section what shall I include?
If you are going to visit them,you can add their names to the 2 fields"name and address of persons/institutions i will visit". in your cover letter explain that you are going to visit them, but you will be responsible for all the costs etc.

I have gathered these documents to support my online application for TRV.

1: Cover Letter including the list of documents I will be attaching with my application. is there anything else I can include in my cover letter?
2: 4 months Bank Statement, is 4 months bank statement is enough? showing 12000$ CAD after Hotel and Airfare
3: 4 months Payslips. Are these enough ?
4: Leave Approval Letter from my Employer
5: Employment Letter Showing my Position, Salary, Role and any bonuses.
6: Utility Bills, Note: As I live with my parents house I dont have any property papers. however I have some utility bills under my name.
7: Medical Card
8: Hotel Booking
9: Air itinerary
10: Day to Day Itinerary with approx expenses note: kindly help me with the format to use for this?
11: Parents Passport Pictures n Residence Permit.
12: My Passport Page with Stamps and Residence Permit.
13: Old Passport has 2 UK visit visas shall I include those in the application?
1. Explain what you will be doing in Canada, who you will visit, the travel dates, reasons to return to UK. In this letter you can refer to the supporting documents.
2/3. make it 6 months statements and payslips just to be on the safe side. Also add your P60's for the last two year to show them you've been working (at the same company)
10: make a table in word and use dates, activity, expenses and references to supporting documents so the VO can easily search for the evidence.
11: if your parent's are not accompanying you, you don't need to add their passport photo's. include your resident permit evidence, passport information
13: yes you need to add your old passport information too.

Furthermore, you need to include travel history information where you've traveled to. you can again make a table in Word and give a short explanation and refer to the passport pages/stamps, travel dates etc.

you've said you have a business registration, you can submit evidence of this as your financial information.

You also need to show them ties to the UK and you home country. for example: add evidence about the registration, explain what your business is and your role within and that you need to return to the UK for x and y reasons. You can do the same for your job. If you have any property in your home country add evidence of this as well.

Sunny_1234

Jul 11, 2016
Hi Hansi,

Thank You very much for your kind reply.

Apologies to Bryanna I did not realise I put His instead of Her. :( Sorry for late reply as been busy gathering these papers ::)

The Residence Permit will be Due for renewal in Mid 2018.

I have completed the Detailed Cover letter with the points you have advised.

1: As for the Day to Day itinerary In a table form I have mentioned the dates, places, expenses, activities. I would like to ask what kind of supporting documents I could attach to make the VO believe that I will be visiting the place; i.e. buy tickets online in advance ?

2: The reason I was attaching the Parents Passport copies and other letters was to show ties and relation also to show that I live with them in the same house/address.

3: Ties to Country of Residence/Home Country, Apart from My Job, Business Registration, Family ties, property, is there anything else I could include to show I have no intentions to stay in Canada after my Holidays.

I have another question as I am planning to travel to canada in November I am looking to apply now in August as seems like the time line for processing is reaching over a month also I am travelling to my Home country in first week of September n coming back last week of September 2016. would that be ok ? if I get lucky and receive a passport request while Im back home what would be the case then ?

Thanks once again for your kind reply and advise. Appreciate it

Kind Regards
Sunny

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

Cover Letter including the list of documents I will be attaching with my application. is there anything else I can include in my cover letter?
This can help for the Cover Letter..... it must have separate sections for:
1. People whom you will visit (details)
2. Applicant (Name, Date of Birth, Address, Passport, Nationality, Employment, Title, Salary)
3. My immigration status in the UK (scan the resident permit)
4. My strong ties to the UK (Net Worth + Employment + Financial Situation + Family, etc etc)
5. My Purpose of Visit (separate Explanation XX included), My Overall Finances (liquid and locked-in), Funds available for my visit
6. Why I must return to the UK by XX date

Also, a separate Explanation XX: My Travel History.... in a table format, give the visa details for each country you have visited + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit + scan each visa (chronological order for the last 10 years)

As for the Day to Day itinerary In a table form I have mentioned the dates, places, expenses, activities. I would like to ask what kind of supporting documents I could attach to make the VO believe that I will be visiting the place; i.e. buy tickets online in advance ?
Do not buy any tickets until a TRV is issued. You can check prices for travel/entry fees/meals, etc and include these details.

Ties to Country of Residence/Home Country, Apart from My Job, Business Registration, Family ties, property, is there anything else I could include to show I have no intentions to stay in Canada after my Holidays.
Is your business actively trading?

Have you filed your accounts as yet? If yes, you can include copies of the latest accounts + evidence such as orders, payments, company bank statement (4 months), etc

As your parents own the property, you cannot submit those documents.

You can include some compelling reason to return by a specific date with evidence.

if I get lucky and receive a passport request while Im back home what would be the case then ?
Will you be applying online or a paper application?

Cheers

Sunny_1234

Jul 11, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hi,
This can help for the Cover Letter..... it must have separate sections for:
1. People whom you will visit (details)
2. Applicant (Name, Date of Birth, Address, Passport, Nationality, Employment, Title, Salary)
3. My immigration status in the UK (scan the resident permit)
4. My strong ties to the UK (Net Worth + Employment + Financial Situation + Family, etc etc)
5. My Purpose of Visit (separate Explanation XX included), My Overall Finances (liquid and locked-in), Funds available for my visit
6. Why I must return to the UK by XX date

Also, a separate Explanation XX: My Travel History.... in a table format, give the visa details for each country you have visited + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit + scan each visa (chronological order for the last 10 years)

Do not buy any tickets until a TRV is issued. You can check prices for travel/entry fees/meals, etc and include these details.

Is your business actively trading?

Have you filed your accounts as yet? If yes, you can include copies of the latest accounts + evidence such as orders, payments, company bank statement (4 months), etc

As your parents own the property, you cannot submit those documents.

You can include some compelling reason to return by a specific date with evidence.

Will you be applying online or a paper application?

Cheers
Thank you very much for your kind reply. :)

I will update my cover letter with each section separately explained in details by highlighting all the details you have mentioned.

I wont buy any tickets for any places Thank you as I will now just find out the places fees, etc and include those for my itinerary.

Although I have registered my company but its not trading yet as I am still looking for the right suppliers and relevant resources to start with. At Current I have an active Job with over Net pay of $24000 cad per year, also I will still have my job after my visit and I have the leave approval letter.

As I am travelling in September I will be applying Online, Would that be okay ?

Thank you

Regards
Sunny

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You're welcome :)

As I am travelling in September I will be applying Online, Would that be okay ?
That's okay. If you get a passport request when you're visiting your home country, you can request the London VO/visa office in your home country to allow you to submit your passport in your home country for visa stamping

Do ensure that there are no last-minute large deposits/nothing borrowed (your bank statement).

You can also include 1-2 months credit card statements if the dues are low + mention you will bring these cards when you visit Canada

Sunny_1234

Jul 11, 2016
Thank you for your help and advice.

I have now applied for the TRV Visa Online on 28th August 2016.
Received a Biometrics Letter same time after submission.
Gave my Biometics today 1st September 2016 at VAC London.

Documents submitted.
Application Form
Family Information Form
Schedule 1 Application Visa Form
6 months Bank Statements,
6 months Payslips
P60's End of Year Certificate
No Objection/ Leave Letter from employer
Employer letter mentioning I will have my Job on my return of holiday.
Business registration document
UK driving License
Utility bills
Air Flight Itinerary
Confirmed Hotel Booking
Detailed/Explained Day to Day Itinerary with estimate expenses, activities, places I'll be visiting and prices for the tickets etc
Travel History ( attached two previous UK visitor visas)
Old UK residence Permit
Current Residence permit
Passport Main and other pages with stamps
Cover letter explanining in details regarding my family ties and other ties to the UK and back home, reasons to return back to UK, family, employment, business, financial statement.

First, how long would it take to hear back from them in your opinion ?
Also looking at these documents what would be your suggestion of getting trv approved ?

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

First, how long would it take to hear back from them in your opinion ?
No idea how long it might take. Some LVO decisions were given in a day, or then it took nearly two months for Hansanee (she sent a CSE and included additional documents) before she got a TRV decision.

Also looking at these documents what would be your suggestion of getting trv approved ?
Your chances are pretty good. Fingers crossed

Cheers

Sunny_1234

Jul 11, 2016
Hi Bryanna,

Today I checked the VAC website to track the status and it says
"Visa application ID ***** - Passport has been collected from the Canada Visa office London, or the decision has been sent by email/courier, on 02/09/2016.

Note: Applied online and passport is still with me.

I gave my biometrics yesturday on 01 Septmber 2016, upon checking yesturday the status was the biometics has been processed and sent to VO.

What do you think of this ? Please

Thank you

Sunny_1234

Jul 11, 2016
Dear Bryanna,

I just received the notification and the VO have refused the TRV application.

These the following reasons mentioned for refusal.

1: Travel History
2: immigration status in country of residence
3: family ties in canada and country of residence
4: purpose of visit
5: personal assets and financial status.

I provided my 2 previous visitor visas for UK
I provided old and current UK residence permit which expires in 2018 n will then be renewed.
I provided explanation and mentioned I have family including parents and siblings in UK.
I provided hotel, airfare, day to day itinerary plus details of why I want to visit canada for my vocation etc.
I Provided bank statements, payslips, but did not include my property papers they were not notrized in english which I beleive I must include in my next aplication.

What do you suggest how Can I overcome these reasons. I really want to apply again maybe In October to have my vocations in November.

Please help me overcome these.

Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Sorry to hear you were refused. IMO, you had a good case so not sure what's gone wrong.

1. What is the purpose of your visit? For how many days? Who are you visiting in Canada?

2. Did you transfer/borrow any money just before applying?

3. What evidence did you provide to show that you live with your parents and siblings in the UK?

4. Have you traveled to any Schengen/the US recently?

5. Do you own the property or do your parents own it?

Sunny_1234

Jul 11, 2016
I was thinking that I have a strong case as I pretty much provided all documents however maybe I was still lacking some documents and perhaps my explanation letter wasnt detailed enough.

1: The purpose of travel was mainly tourism sight seeing, visiting different places around ontario and to spend my vocation there. I applied for 7 days visa. I was just going for holidays.

2: No I did not transfer or borrowed any money, bank statements were all showing my salary In/Out. Approx $20,000CAD in account.
3: I did not provide any evidence to show my family ties or siblings that we live together in the UK. I included all my family in the family information form and explained it in my cover letter.

4: No I never been to schengen countries or US neither applied for.
5: I own property back home and a car which However it was in the native language therefore I could not attach them with my application.

I would really really appreciate your help in this matter. Kindly guide me through as I want to apply in October again. Thank you much

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I will surely help. I think you have not put your application together properly.

As you've been in the UK for 7 years, do you have ILR?

Some additional documents which you can include:
1. UK electoral list records showing that you and your parents/siblings live at the same address

2. Translated and notarized copy of your property ownership documents + latest property tax receipts + self valuation/valued by a CA for current indicative market rates + market realty reports to support the indicative market rates

3. Ownership documents for your car

4. You can also prepare an Explanation XX: My Strong Ties to My Home Country.... with separate sections for Property Ownership + Land Ownership + Employment + Business (give proofs that you have a business plan/intend to start actively trading) + Financial Situation + Family (immediate family + briefly mention about their extended family ie XX siblings/aunts/uncles and their families, etc )

5. Scan the biometric resident permits + UK visas.... and include it in the strong ties explanation

6. Include your UK credit cards + latest 2 months statements (if the dues are low) + mention you will bring it with you for your visit

7. Evidence of your business (even if it is not actively trading, such as any Returns Filed)

8. Include a compelling reason to return to the UK by a specific date with evidence

Do prepare a solid covering letter addressing the refusal reasons. Also, do post the list of documents that you will submit this time

Cheers