+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada TR Visa got rejected with very abstract reasons. Please advice

priyasabut

Jul 27, 2017
Hello,
I am from India. My visitor Visa got cancelled with reason.

"Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada."

My purpose of visit was to meet my sister and brother-in-law. My brother-in-law is a citizen of canada where as my sister is holding canadian PR. I have provided all financial documents, IT statements and identity proof of my brother-in-law and mine too. As I am a working professional in India, I too have provided NOC letter from my company with 15-days leave.

I had already visited Canada during Dec 2013 to Jan 2014.

What changes should I do and reapply my application ? Please advise.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Were you issued a TRV i.e. counterfoil stamped in your passport? If yes, did you visit Canada earlier on this TRV?

2. Or were you refused for a new TRV application?

priyasabut

Jul 27, 2017
1. Were you issued a TRV i.e. counterfoil stamped in your passport? If yes, did you visit Canada earlier on this TRV?
Answer: I was issued a single entry TRV in 2013 and had travelled then.

2. Or were you refused for a new TRV application?
Answer: Yes, I had applied for a new TRV application this time and it got rejected with above stated reason.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. Do post the list of documents which you had submitted

2. What was the purpose of your visit?

3. What strong ties did you prove to India: Employment + property or land ownership or rent agreement + dependent family + financial investments + any other previous travel (in addition to the earlier visit to Canada)?

4. For how many days did you stay in Canada on your earlier visit?

priyasabut

Jul 27, 2017
1. Do post the list of documents which you had submitted.
a. Application
b. Family Information
c. My brother-in-laws T4, Notice of Assessment, Copy of Canadian Passport, Bank Statement
d. My last 2-year Income Tax Return statement, 3-months Bank Statement, 3-months Payslip, Copy of Passport, Passport photos
e. NOC letter from my employer
f. Cover Letter asking for multi-entry TRV with a promise "to leave Canada before expiration of my authorized stay."

Ans: To meet my sister, brother-in-law and family. I had specified my brother-in-law was suffering from sarcoidosis and I would like to visit him and he
will bear all responsibilities including, but not limited to housing, food, medical facilities, travel expenditure etc.

3. What strong ties did you prove to India: Employment + property or land ownership or rent agreement + dependent family + financial investments + any other previous travel (in addition to the earlier visit to Canada)?
a. Only NOC letter from my employer. What all other document should I provide ?
b. property or land ownership or rent agreement : I don't own any land here. I have rent agreement but did not submit! :(
c. dependent family : I am single and not the only child. So not sure if I can mention they are dependent on me. If yes, what document would I need to submit.
d. financial investments: I did not submit any proof of it except my bank statement. I have 2-life insurance policies and couple of fixed deposits & Provident fund. What all document I should have submitted ?
e. any other previous travel (in addition to the earlier visit to Canada) - No I did not show any. The canada travel, I have just mentioned in my application did not submit any Visa copy thinking that its already in my passport which I have submitted.

Please elaborate and advise.

Ans: I stayed around 7-weeks during Dec'09 2013 to Jan'25 2013

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
f. Cover Letter asking for multi-entry TRV with a promise "to leave Canada before expiration of my authorized stay."
This statement doesn't work as it cannot be enforced. What will help is hard evidence of your ties to India.

Ans: To meet my sister, brother-in-law and family. I had specified my brother-in-law was suffering from sarcoidosis and I would like to visit him and he
will bear all responsibilities including, but not limited to housing, food, medical facilities, travel expenditure etc.
For TRVs, it is perfectly acceptable for Canadian hosts to support the visit by way of providing accommodation, local travel/living expenses. That said, you should have proved that you have the personal financial resources to pay for your visit.

Greater financial dependence on the Canadian host = Indicates weak financial situation of the applicant = Higher chances of TRV refusal

a. Only NOC letter from my employer. What all other document should I provide ?
You should also include a copy of the appointment letter + 4-6 months' salary slips + employer leave approval letter which states you will have your job when you return + 6 months' bank statements to which is the salary is credited

b. property or land ownership or rent agreement : I don't own any land here. I have rent agreement but did not submit! :(
Rent agreement + 2-3 months' rent receipts + bank statements which confirm rent payments + highlight any deposit forfeiture clause in the rent agreement

c. dependent family : I am single and not the only child. So not sure if I can mention they are dependent on me. If yes, what document would I need to submit.
Proofs that you and your parents live at the same address and you are an only child + if you pay for their expenses/house expenses (utilities, medical expenses, etc)

d. financial investments: I did not submit any proof of it except my bank statement. I have 2-life insurance policies and couple of fixed deposits & Provident fund. What all document I should have submitted ?
Copies of the life insurance policies (if any premiums must be paid after your visit then state this although premiums can be paid online) + copies of the FDs + FD Interest Certificate issued by the bank + state whether the FDs are locked-in (cumulative interest on maturity) or can be available as funds for your visit if not locked-in, PF statement.

In any addition to this: RDs, shares/stocks/mutual funds, PPF, NSC, etc

e. any other previous travel (in addition to the earlier visit to Canada) - No I did not show any. The canada travel, I have just mentioned in my application did not submit any Visa copy thinking that its already in my passport which I have submitted.
That's okay because IRCC has your application/Canada travel history.

Ans: I stayed around 7-weeks during Dec'09 2013 to Jan'25 2013
This has probably worked against your application despite the fact that you have not visited Canada again in nearly 3.5 years.

If for example, you had requested a stay of 2-3 weeks when you had applied in 2013, but you stayed for nearly two months when you visited.

Plus, a stay of nearly two months indicates weak employment ties. This would also explain the refusal reasons for economic conditions + employment prospects

priyasabut

Jul 27, 2017
This statement doesn't work as it cannot be enforced. What will help is hard evidence of your ties to India.

For TRVs, it is perfectly acceptable for Canadian hosts to support the visit by way of providing accommodation, local travel/living expenses. That said, you should have proved that you have the personal financial resources to pay for your visit.

Greater financial dependence on the Canadian host = Indicates weak financial situation of the applicant = Higher chances of TRV refusal

You should also include a copy of the appointment letter + 4-6 months' salary slips + employer leave approval letter which states you will have your job when you return + 6 months' bank statements to which is the salary is credited

Rent agreement + 2-3 months' rent receipts + bank statements which confirm rent payments + highlight any deposit forfeiture clause in the rent agreement

Proofs that you and your parents live at the same address and you are an only child + if you pay for their expenses/house expenses (utilities, medical expenses, etc)

Copies of the life insurance policies (if any premiums must be paid after your visit then state this although premiums can be paid online) + copies of the FDs + FD Interest Certificate issued by the bank + state whether the FDs are locked-in (cumulative interest on maturity) or can be available as funds for your visit if not locked-in, PF statement.

In any addition to this: RDs, shares/stocks/mutual funds, PPF, NSC, etc

That's okay because IRCC has your application/Canada travel history.

This has probably worked against your application despite the fact that you have not visited Canada again in nearly 3.5 years.

If for example, you had requested a stay of 2-3 weeks when you had applied in 2013, but you stayed for nearly two months when you visited.

Plus, a stay of nearly two months indicates weak employment ties. This would also explain the refusal reasons for economic conditions + employment prospects
Thanks for clarifying on all available options.

1. How much should I need to show "In Fund available for my stay" ?

2. Do I need to give any reason for my longer last stay ?

3. The documents I can submit
  • a. Offer Letter copy. Is increment letter also needed ?
  • b. Payslips
  • c. Account Statement. How much saving amount is ideal ? Actually all my savings are in form of Recurring and 1-year short-term FDs.
  • d. Rent agreement. I stay along with my friends, so our rent agreements includes me and 3 of my friends. Will this be an issue ?
    • How do I highlight the deposit amount ?
  • No physical receipts are available. We transfer rent to owner account through net banking.
    • Actually we all transfer rent to one of my roommate and she transfers the total to owner. Please advice what document proof shall I submit ?
  • Copy of RDs and FDs. Is there a need to show all my savings(in multiple bank accounts)?
    • How much is ideal ?
  • NSC copy
  • Life Insurance copies.
  • PF Statement. Will it be enough if I submit only PF passbook copy mentioning total account balance?
  • Employer leave approval letter.
    • In my letter it is mentioned that "I am working on a full-time basis with my position, and leave duration mentioned. And they do not have any objection regarding my travel". Is it fine or any change is needed ?
4. Is there any criteria in issuing multi-entry TRV ?

5. Along with Submitting all mentioned documents, Do I need to write them out in the cover letter to show "hard evidence of my ties to India." ? or only submitting them is enough ?

Thank You!