+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada tickets...Do not book via Musafir.com

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
Musafir.com sucks as I booked a ticket and the itinerary had a three hour layover at London and the agent said I will need a transit Visa when there was no change in flight...it was British Airways to and fro London... Why would I need a transit Visa?
Useless people...Don't have basic common sense...

anyone who has booked tickets? Share details and itinerary...

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lol... incompetent people.

you dont need transit visa FYI - I have travelled to toronto 3 years back via london... didnt need a visa.

I used musafir 2-3 times, luckily had no problems. One I would strongly recommend NOT to use is make my trip... bunch of crooks work in that org...

sunny242728

Star Member
Aug 5, 2016
Indore M.P
Visa Office......
Banglore
App. Filed.......
27-07-2016 spp category
IELTS Request
upfront 6.5 overall
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Request
upfront 26-07-2016
Med's Done....
passed 20-08-2016
Passport Req..
Received on 03-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-8-2016
LANDED..........
12-09-2016
MONTY39 said:
Musafir.com sucks as I booked a ticket and the itinerary had a three hour layover at London and the agent said I will need a transit Visa when there was no change in flight...it was British Airways to and fro London... Why would I need a transit Visa?
Useless people...Don't have basic common sense...

anyone who has booked tickets? Share details and itinerary...
@monty .. the transit visa scene is very dicy in london... somw time you need ..transit visa ... and some time they dont ask even... it is also depend on the lay over time. there are my few friends .. which were travelling to toronto and had lay over at london for just 2 hr. and still airport authority asked for transit visa.

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
I checked the UK visa Govt website and it says you don't need a transit visa if you have a valid visa for Canada.
Musafir guys were adamant that I would need one. There is another route via Frankfurt, hope that doesn't need a German Visa...
Layover is for 3:45 hrs and To london is British Airways and from london to toronto is also British Airways...the planes will change...

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
thestunner316 said:
lol... incompetent people.

you dont need transit visa FYI - I have travelled to toronto 3 years back via london... didnt need a visa.

I used musafir 2-3 times, luckily had no problems. One I would strongly recommend NOT to use is make my trip... bunch of crooks work in that org...
THANKS STUNNER, noted the same.
Called MMT too yesterday and their international booking agent doesn't even know what's a transit visa. :p
He kept My call on hold and kept enquiring with his seniors and finally asked Me to call the British embassy...
Hilarious...

Dipenpatel73

Jul 6, 2016
Buddy, if I am not wrong. You don't need trandit visa unless you have terminal change. If they however ask, be bold and face them. They will let you go without it. Just be bold if asked.

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
Dipenpatel73 said:
Buddy, if I am not wrong. You don't need trandit visa unless you have terminal change. If they however ask, be bold and face them. They will let you go without it. Just be bold if asked.
Thanks Dipen,
As far as I know there is no need for it but Musafir agent was so stubborn that she said its your risk if you wanna take.
I presumed that these people are well versed with recent updates in rules and I should't take a risk.
I called British Embassy and they say they cant disclose info on call.
Called up MMT, Via.com and other agents and they all asked me to check with the embassy.
I am also assuming that there won't be any requirement as such but just avoiding the risk factor.

Guess I have to go via Frankfurt now.