File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
I just read an article about Canada closing its border currently from West Africa. This also involves suspending PR applications. This could put a big hold on family reunification for people from this area. This article is mainly about closing the border to WA residents, but also mentions PR applications.

Canadian Visa Ban Issued To Residents Of Ebola-Stricken Countries
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/31/canada-visa-ban-ebola_n_6083980.html

This is an indefinite suspension, until Ebola is under control and stops spreading. I feel for the people and residents of these countries as they are suffering a lot and now they don't even have the hope finalizing their PR applications. Of course it is a safety measure to keep the visa officers abroad, and mainly citizens and residents of Canada safe. Can anyone currently waiting from any visa office(es) in West Africa speak to this and what Cic has communicated to them?

May this epidemic end swiftly and all families be reunited soon.

vitorrio

Nov 1, 2014
Although Nigeria is a west African country but has been cleared by WHO to be free Ebola free.
Does any one know if applications from Nigeria will still be affected?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
tink23 said:
I just read an article about Canada closing its border currently from West Africa. This also involves suspending PR applications. This could put a big hold on family reunification for people from this area. This article is mainly about closing the border to WA residents, but also mentions PR applications.

Canadian Visa Ban Issued To Residents Of Ebola-Stricken Countries
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/10/31/canada-visa-ban-ebola_n_6083980.html

This is an indefinite suspension, until Ebola is under control and stops spreading. I feel for the people and residents of these countries as they are suffering a lot and now they don't even have the hope finalizing their PR applications. Of course it is a safety measure to keep the visa officers abroad, and mainly citizens and residents of Canada safe. Can anyone currently waiting from any visa office(es) in West Africa speak to this and what Cic has communicated to them?

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-10-31-x8/html/extra8-eng.php

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
In the link provided by zardoz, it says that it is for west African countries labeled by WHO as being stricken with Ebola, so from that, if Nigeria is listed as being Ebola free, I'd imagine things will continue normally. Email your visa office if you would like clarification.

leydikat

Sep 18, 2014
tink23 said:

Hello to you guys, I am an August 13 app under NOC 3012, living in the Phils. My husband had been working in a mining company in Sierra Leone West Africa on rotational working shifts of 6 weeks work in Sierra Leone and 3 weeks vacation in the Phils. I have declared the details in my cover letter. Just to be sure re police certificate, my husband tried to secure a police clearance from Sierra Leone but was not allowed to travel from his worksite to police station due to Ebola precaution and travel security, so he tried to secure police clearance from a nearby town there called Bumbuna. I attached the certificate in my application together with our local police and NBI clearances. His last arrival from Sierra Leone was Sept. 12, and from then on was not given exit clearance from our immigration in the Phils. Until now he is still employed and receiving his monthly salary but has never came back to his work site and still waiting for further announcement from his employer in Sierra Leone. What do you think guys can be an issue with our application? I will much appreciate any suggestion as to what to do regarding this concern?thanx