+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada post FLAT RATE BOX IS NOT A MAIL, IT'S COURIER!!

nogolaw

Jan 15, 2021
So On Wednesday, My partner and I finally sent our inland common-law sponsorship application to the address that is for Mail- and inland. 2 days after, the application was returned to us like an amazon box. The guy at the post office told us that the flat rate-box at Canada post is considered mail. So what we did today was that we bought another pack, called Canada post, and asked them, they said flat rate box is courier service.

My only concern is that since there was no label or message on our package when it got returned to us, I am worried that what if it gets returned to us again. This process is so stressful and this is only the beginning ^^

feuerstein

Feb 25, 2020
My wife saw this the other day after I had mailed her application using a flat rate box, so I only saw this after I mailed mine in to the CPC - Mississauga, Station B post box address.

On the 25th of March 2022, it updated to a status of "Delivered to recipient's delivery partner Mississauga, ON" so it looks like it does work and doesn't count as a courier service, presumably because it does not require a signature.