+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Passport and India Visa

OCIApplicant

Jan 7, 2023
Hi
My child became Canadian citizen , while she was in india, when I attained Canadian Citizenship. I am now applying for her Canada passport at the Canadian Embassy in India and then will also apply for her Exit permist from eFRRO website. Will I need to get some visa for her as well? WIll the immigration officer queston about her status in india?

Last edited:

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hi
My child became Canadian citizen , while she was in india, when I attained Canadian Citizenship. I am now applying for her Canada passport at the Canadian Embassy in India and then will also apply for her Exit permist from eFRRO website. Will I need to get some visa for her as well? WIll the immigration officer queston about her status in india?
Interesting question. Maybe someone like @rajkamalmohanram might have some idea on this.

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi
The permit from FRO will be enough to leave India. The immigration officer will first look for an arrival stamp on your child's Canadian passport, which will not be there, hence the permit will be good enough to leave.

Since it will be minor travelling alone with the other parent, you may want to check about your consent document as well as the birth certificate and a copy of your passport as well before they leave India.

BTW, @Boxy 's POV has some merit regarding automatic citizenship, even though poorly worded!

OCIApplicant

Jan 7, 2023
Thanks you very much for your response.
Boxy's response may be valid but it was not warranted for.It had nothing to do with my querry.

The permit from FRO will be enough to leave India. The immigration officer will first look for an arrival stamp on your child's Canadian passport, which will not be there, hence the permit will be good enough to leave.

Since it will be minor travelling alone with the other parent, you may want to check about your consent document as well as the birth certificate and a copy of your passport as well before they leave India.

BTW, @Boxy 's POV has some merit regarding automatic citizenship, even though poorly worded!
Thanks