+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada opted out of a UN conference on Racism!!

A

adnan_hsn

Leon said:
You are not really being any less racist when you are lumping all "westerners" together as paving the way for Israel to do whatever.
Take it easy leon. I think he just meant the western governments, not the public.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
adnan_hsn said:
Honestly I dont know where you 'collect' your facts from. Just look at your intellect. I;m not going to comment on this one cuz you are not even sure who are you comparing againt who.
I totally understand if you don't have the arguments to match my intellect. Of course, you seem to believe that it is okay to discriminate minority religions and hence, it is best you don't reply.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
adnan_hsn said:
Leon said:
You are not really being any less racist when you are lumping all "westerners" together as paving the way for Israel to do whatever.
Take it easy leon. I think he just meant the western governments, not the public.
Quite conveniently you tell Leon to take it easy but you don't state any message to support his views against racism in his previous post.

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
Leon and New2canada,

Look at the way you react to only a few words. You have no tolerance to hear other peoples' opinions. I have one simple question. You are so much worried about what happened decades ago but you condemn someone who has guts to voice thousands of Palestinians innocents who are murdered gradually daily.

I don't want to argue with you or anyone else and turn this forum into a political one. But please for one single moment look at the facts around you without being bias toward this or that.

Please bother to travel to the Middle East and see for yourselves their endless sufferings. You can't even imagine how they live. Did you see what happened during the Israel's invasion to Ghaza? If you didn't I can share with photos that may make you cry days and nights. Innocent children of various ages and other civilians went up in an instant in the name of what?

I believe you are educated people. Please bother to read neutral sources about what has happened in Lebanon, Palestine, Iraq and Afghanistan.

... and for one moment put yourselves in the same situation.

God bless you.

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
What do you mean that we have no tolerance to other people's opinion. If we have demonstrated that, so have you. Is yours more tolerant than others. Is condemn Israel and not saying anything about Iranian discrimination more tolerant than one that says both are wrong?

I too believe you are educated and you are correct, we should not turn this into a political argument. Please take time to read my posts. I am not doubting the suffering of the palestinians. I have indeed been to palestine and worked with NGOs there between my studies.

But I would appreciate it if you could read my post. You want me to condemn Israeli action but you are not willing to condemn Iranian action on Ba'hai. My statements are that both are bad, and it would be wrong to say one is bad and boost the popularity of a modern day Hitler. I am neither Jew, Muslim or of Ba'hai faith and hence, I would not support one people over the other for the sake of it.

aghijan

Star Member
Oct 16, 2007
New2Canada said:
remember kuwait and iraq!
kashmir is occupied!
Kurds believe they are occupied by both iran and iraq (to name a few).

Iran is occupying an island that belongs to little Bahrain!!! (and actually wants the whole of Bahrain as a province).

This is just in that region, there is, of course, other occupations around the world like Darfur, Morocco and Western Sahara's conflict, etc. It really depends on whose context.
I didn't read this part completely. So I'd like to answer that post here.

It looks like you don't know much about that region. First of all, Bahrain was one of the Iran's provinces until the shah handed them the island through American and British influences.

Second, you might be talking about an island that UAE has claimed it's its. Even that is wrong too. Abu Musa Island belongs to Iran and has belonged to Iran.

I don't know how old you are. Just around 30 years ago, and during shah regime, Iran was one the best allies America and other western countries could have. The reason: Iran was implementing their policies in the region and guarding their interests.

Today, however, Iran wants to be independent. They don't want to be dictated to do this and that.

Talking about Bahais, first of all, no one is perfect. I never say there is no problem in Iran or elsewhere. However, Jews, Christians, Zoroastrians and even Bahais are living peacefully in Iran unless they make any problems. That includes Moslems too. Everyone must respect the laws of the country where they live.

New2Canada, unfortunately, nowadays, governments that have control over mass media try their best to use these rival problems again those countries that are not on their sides. Iran is not an exception.

Just imagine tomorrow is the day that Iran and America will sit around a table and talk. Do you this you will hear anything just anything about Bahais and the like?

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
Thats like saying that Palestinians can live peacefully in their land if they don't cause trouble. is that a correct attitude?
Ba'hai's cannot live peacefully because they are denied rights. Is it okay when Ba'hais are denied right but not Palestinian or is it more right what I said that both should not be denied rights. Buddhists used to live peacefully in Afghanistan under Taliban too, as long as they did not ask for equal rights and all their historical structures (like Bamian Buddhas) were destroyed. Is that the type of living peacefully that is acceptable in such countries?

Do you think Iran will control the island if UAE was big? It is okay for Iran to do that to UAE but not for America, is that what you are saying?

Lets not even start about the Darfuris.