+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CANADA IMMIGRATION - FSW CAT 3 - DOCUMENT CHECK LIST

rtadishetti

Star Member
Dec 31, 2008
Hi ,

I have completed my 1 year stay in CANADA as an international student as of aug 2009.

I am applying for immigration.
Under document check list it shows that as an international student i need to provide

( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.PDF )

1. Proof that i have been legally residing in Canada for atleast 12 months immediately before submitting the application,

What should i show as a proof for this?.

AND

2. a photo copy of study permit or other proof of student status and proof of enrollment from educational institution.

I will be showing the student status record as of now from the current college (I will be completing this program by october end) and do i need to show the new study permit also. Recently i got extension of my study permit based on the new acceptance letter from a different college for my further studies.

Please let me know.

Thank You,

rtadishetti

Star Member
Dec 31, 2008
Can i show my transcripts as a proof that i am living in canada for last 1 year..
do i need to show bank statements or anything else?

THANKS,

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be in the safe side send the following for category 3 as an international student in canada :

copy of your student visa stamped in your passport with the entry stamp.

copy of your first and second study permits.

copy of transcripts from your schools and (copy of any certificates which you have been granted in canada if applicable).

copy of your acceptance letter from the new school (the college) with a proof of enrolment letter from them.

copy of your paid fees for all semesters in the college.

copy of your student ID card which you have from the college.

copy of tuition fees reciepts which you have been paying to your schools since you arrived canada (if applicable).

For the CIO stage no need to submit any bank statements,(unless you would like to show them your bank account movements of paying your tuition fees for your schools by debit or credit cards).

Always keep in mind , when they ask for a proof of something, give them as much as possible more than they need but remember that the proofs must be directed to the point which they ask for.