+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Immigration from Freelancing

asif71

Jun 7, 2022
Hi,

I'm an IT Freelancer, working in online marketplace. I would like to immigrate to canada. Is that possible to get PR through express entry from Freelancing profession? Or Am I eligible for self employed program as a freelancer?

If not what is the best way to immigrate to canada from Freelancing profession?

Best
Asif A.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I'm an IT Freelancer, working in online marketplace. I would like to immigrate to canada. Is that possible to get PR through express entry from Freelancing profession? Or Am I eligible for self employed program as a freelancer?

If not what is the best way to immigrate to canada from Freelancing profession?

Best
Asif A.
If you are eligible for Express Entry then yes, you can be self employed. You need to prove your NOC so you need business incorporions, receipts/invoices, contracts with clients, taxes etc.

asif71

Jun 7, 2022
NOC: 2175
Website design and development

I work at upwork as freelancer. receipts/invoice can be download from upwork but do not have direct clients rather than marketplace. How can I proof of work experience as I do not work in a company but with many clients in marketplace.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
NOC: 2175
Website design and development

I work at upwork as freelancer. receipts/invoice can be download from upwork but do not have direct clients rather than marketplace. How can I proof of work experience as I do not work in a company but with many clients in marketplace.
Can you get client references? Client contracts with work required for completion of project? You need documentation to prove the NOC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have only the payment receipt from marketplace as I work for multiple client.
This is what it states on the IRCC site under mandatory documents.

• if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Certificate of earnings from the marketplace can be applicable?
That should be okay as long as you have documentation from clients (third party individuals) that you meet the job requirements of the NOC. That is what is most important.