+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada express entry for asylum applicant in the U.S.A.

SJPLAMA

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
The thing is a few people in this topic mentioned that they had been in the asylum process without any interviews, fingerprints appointment and decisions on their applications while they applied for EE. My situation is a little bit different since I had suddenly returned back to my country before I got an appointment for fingerprints.

1) Do you mean that I am available for applying for EE but I might be rejected on getting the visa for entering Canada via EE?

2) Since USCIS might declare this as a fraud (or might be banned for 10 years to re-enter to the USA). How does the IRCC consider the fact that I suddenly returned back to my country from where I was in danger?

P.S. My application for the asylum in the U.S. has been suspended by my lawyer in the U.S.

1) Do you mean that I am available for applying for EE but I might be rejected on getting the visa for entering Canada via EE?
Where did you even get this about visa rejection for EE.

2) Since USCIS might declare this as a fraud (or might be banned for 10 years to re-enter to the USA). How does the IRCC consider the fact that I suddenly returned back to my country from where I was in danger?
As of right now IRCC doesn't care.

P.S. My application for the asylum in the U.S. has been suspended by my lawyer in the U.S.[/QUOTE]
If your case was closed, and you were never referenced to an immigration judge you have nothing to worry.

netxor

Feb 13, 2018
Where did you even get this about visa rejection for EE.

As of right now IRCC doesn't care.

P.S. My application for the asylum in the U.S. has been suspended by my lawyer in the U.S.
If your case was closed, and you were never referenced to an immigration judge you have nothing to worry.
Thank you. I'm not worried about this anymore.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The thing is a few people in this topic mentioned that they had been in the asylum process without any interviews, fingerprints appointment and decisions on their applications while they applied for EE. My situation is a little bit different since I had suddenly returned back to my country before I got an appointment for fingerprints.

Your case is no different. Provided you are 100% honest in your application about your immigration history, it shouldn't be an issue.

1) If you are approved for EE, you will not be refused entry into Canada with the PR visa. So no - this is not a concern.
2) As long as you are 100% honest in your application, there shouldn't be an issue. There's a good chance you are already banned for 10 years from the US since you left.

netxor

Feb 13, 2018
Your case is no different. Provided you are 100% honest in your application about your immigration history, it shouldn't be an issue.

1) If you are approved for EE, you will not be refused entry into Canada with the PR visa. So no - this is not a concern.
2) As long as you are 100% honest in your application, there shouldn't be an issue. There's a good chance you are already banned for 10 years from the US since you left.
Thanks a lot for the reply.

Yeah, I'm going to be 100% honest during my process.

Swathi 1991

Jul 22, 2019
Do you have any idea, did they wrote an LOE for you or did they just explained asylum in Statutory questions. Also, do you mind sharing consultant details? I might be able to get some help from them.

Hi congratulations for your pr .. we are in same situation that in pending asylum status for past 3 years and planning on applying for express entry , pls help me with this . My question is I have 15 months old who is US Citizen, how does it work for him , I mean is there any documents I have to get for him apart from passport and pls share your consultant details .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi congratulations for your pr .. we are in same situation that in pending asylum status for past 3 years and planning on applying for express entry , pls help me with this . My question is I have 15 months old who is US Citizen, how does it work for him , I mean is there any documents I have to get for him apart from passport and pls share your consultant details .
The fact your child is a US citizen doesn't change anything about the process. You include him in the application as you would any other dependent child.

Garry1992

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Hi there

I think @scylla is right about the child. The consultant i would suggest is https://globalcrossingimmigration.com/. Although, you do not really need a consultant, you can just save that money. I know you wanna be safe and all, because i thought like that too. But trust me they do not do anything extra. If you have any questions about filling your application, you can just post here and we all can help you here.

versvy1408

Jul 24, 2019
Good day everyone! So happy that I founded this chat. I am the main asylum applicant, my husband goes with me under asylum as a spouse. We both have valid working permits in USA. Maybe I misunderstood, but I read here that when you apply for an express entry together as a family that we may have less chances to get it due to our asylum in USA?
Also @mishka2018
will you withdraw your asylum case? After case withdrawal anyway we may get ban from USA for 10 years?

Regards!

Garry1992

Star Member
May 10, 2018
Good day everyone! So happy that I founded this chat. I am the main asylum applicant, my husband goes with me under asylum as a spouse. We both have valid working permits in USA. Maybe I misunderstood, but I read here that when you apply for an express entry together as a family that we may have less chances to get it due to our asylum in USA?
Also @mishka2018
will you withdraw your asylum case? After case withdrawal anyway we may get ban from USA for 10 years?

Regards!
No. Your asylum Case does not determine your eligibility for express entry. Doesn't matter if you apply with family or without. If you have enough CRS score then you can get PR.

Gia Sandlas

Sep 29, 2018
They say that i do not have a status in US.
One of them just told me that i can't get FBI and indian Police clearance certificate, which is a mandate for EE.

Do you have any further information? are you trying to talk to some lawyers too?

Also i checked there is actually no way to get PCC from India other then going to Indian Consulate(embassy) in USA and applying from there. I am not sure if they will issue a PCC to me. Because on their website they clearly said they are gonna check you visa and other details.
Hi Garry,
How did you get your PCC from embassy, my friend is having same issue?

mishka2018

Star Member
Jun 30, 2018
Also @mishka2018

Regards!
As for the first question I am not really sure about how your chances gonna increase/decrease due to the family application , but I don’t think that it has any impact actually. I mean in terms of that both of you have an asylum pending . I don’t think it matters.

The 3/5/10 years ban to the US totally depends on your circumstances, whether you accrued unlawful presence or not prior filing for asylum , also depends on what stage your asylum case is at - if there was no interview and no unlawful presence happened , no ban . If you are referred to a court and don’t show up - you’ll have a ban . If you don’t have unlawful presence and referred to a court and manage to go to the master hearing and request a volunteer departure - no ban. It all depends on what’s your situation is. I wouldn’t withdraw an asylum application unless you have your Canadian PR in pocket and ready to depart .

Swathi 1991

Jul 22, 2019
Hi there

I think @scylla is right about the child. The consultant i would suggest is https://globalcrossingimmigration.com/. Although, you do not really need a consultant, you can just save that money. I know you wanna be safe and all, because i thought like that too. But trust me they do not do anything extra. If you have any questions about filling your application, you can just post here and we all can help you here.
Hi thank you so much .. I am planning to go back to my home country and my husband continue to live in states with asylum status , does it gonna affect my PR , still he is the primary applicant, I cannot return to United States again if I go back to home country and planning on processing PR from there , I
Just wanna know weather this will affect my PR IN ANYWAY .

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi thank you so much .. I am planning to go back to my home country and my husband continue to live in states with asylum status , does it gonna affect my PR , still he is the primary applicant, I cannot return to United States again if I go back to home country and planning on processing PR from there , I
Just wanna know weather this will affect my PR IN ANYWAY .
No impact as long as both of you are 100% honest about your immigration history in your application.

Reactions: Swathi 1991

Mandeep112

Apr 24, 2019
hi guys,

What is the process of getting police clearance certificate from usa? How long it will take to get that.