+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we submit passport for stamping to a different VAC and country?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I got a reply from the New Delhi embassy as follows,

Clients may choose to travel to another VAC in India or another country, although travel is not recommended during a global pandemic and many countries have quarantine restrictions. As well, you may encounter challenges if trying to courier your passport across country borders, so it is recommended that you enrol your biometrics and submit your passport from within the same country. Clients will need to consult the VFS website for the country in which they are intending to enrol their biometrics and/or submit their passport.”

So looks like it can be done!! But like mentioned it’s illegal to courier the Indian passport I guess, it’s even mentioned in the passport that it should not be posted outside the country. I can send it through someone. I’m more confused now :D
Well yes - what they're telling you in bureaucratic language is: it's hypothetically possible but if you do this and you have any problems whatsoever, it's your problem, and they're not making any guarantees. And that includes that it might take longer than you think. (Complicated by the fact that the visa application centres never seem entirely certain how to handle such cases and they'll kick the can over to the embassy/consulate, from which it may be difficult to get an answer)

This comes up fairly often - they do not (generally) expect eg Indian citizens living in Australia or the USA to return to India to submit their passport.

But it clearly is NOT intended as a way for eg Indian citizens in India to 'get around' the current travel restrictions.

Personally I would not recommend even trying to do this by sending passports to other countries to get stamped.

As for travelling to a third country (eg Serbia) to do this - also potentially risky and traveller should be aware that it might take quite a while (even a month) and if there are any problems or delays (or Serbia changes its rules), it's your problem.

For most right now it probably makes more sense to wait and see when the visa application centres re-open and/or travel restrictions loosened.

Vnthkmr24

Jun 9, 2021
Well yes - what they're telling you in bureaucratic language is: it's hypothetically possible but if you do this and you have any problems whatsoever, it's your problem, and they're not making any guarantees. And that includes that it might take longer than you think. (Complicated by the fact that the visa application centres never seem entirely certain how to handle such cases and they'll kick the can over to the embassy/consulate, from which it may be difficult to get an answer)

This comes up fairly often - they do not (generally) expect eg Indian citizens living in Australia or the USA to return to India to submit their passport.

But it clearly is NOT intended as a way for eg Indian citizens in India to 'get around' the current travel restrictions.

Personally I would not recommend even trying to do this by sending passports to other countries to get stamped.

As for travelling to a third country (eg Serbia) to do this - also potentially risky and traveller should be aware that it might take quite a while (even a month) and if there are any problems or delays (or Serbia changes its rules), it's your problem.

For most right now it probably makes more sense to wait and see when the visa application centres re-open and/or travel restrictions loosened.
@armoured Thank you for taking time to write this.Makes total sense!As I have to return ASAP to secure my job, I wanted to consider all routes to get my daughters visa stamped so that all three can go together.Anyways if it doesn’t open by this month I will travel, my wife and daughter can return once things get better.One or two months will not make much difference in the long run!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured Thank you for taking time to write this.Makes total sense!As I have to return ASAP to secure my job, I wanted to consider all routes to get my daughters visa stamped so that all three can go together.Anyways if it doesn’t open by this month I will travel, my wife and daughter can return once things get better.One or two months will not make much difference in the long run!
Good luck. It will probably be difficult enough for you to return on your own with the travel restrictions, my sympathies but I really wouldn't want to try to manage through some third country with kids in tow as well. It probably is better they wait, although unfortunately no-one knows how long this will all be.

Reactions: Vnthkmr24

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Yes that would be really helpful, please connect me to them -vinodflusa24@gmail.com

Regarding the letter validity, I received a letter along with the passport saying that the embassy will be accepting the expired letters once business resumes.Hope that will help. I called vfs Belgrade and they gave an obvious reply saying, “I think it’s possible we have seen such applications, but to be 100% sure please confirm with the embassy”.
I emailed Canadian embassy at Belgrade,Serbia, got an instruction on how to submit the application, there was no reply to my question.However as soon as I emailed them got an automated response saying that it’s been handled by embassy at Vienna.
Hii
That's me
I have sent you an email

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hi,
I am in the same situation. My PRTD is approved in India but could not get the passport stamped because of Ban.
However, in my PPR email, there is a one line as below.
Once you drop off your passport/passport request letter, the courier will deliver it to the Delhi Visa Application Centre (VAC) .

Hi @urstrulyaddy, did your wife have any specific VAC mention in her PPR email?
Hi, sorry for the delayed response. My wife didn't have any mention of Nee Delhi in her letter.

urstrulyaddy

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019
Hey!

Do you have the proper steps on how you submitted the Passport to NYVO? Example doing the two way courier plus the package transmission money order etc? What papers exactly did you submit etc. It would be really helpful.
Thank you.
Hi, I just called up VFS call center at NYVO and asked them the documents required. They redirected me to their website which has all info.

viralchavda

Mar 27, 2018
All the members, I have a query. I have applied for SOWP and Study permit for my kids from India and I will be traveling to USA in January, so after approval can I get the passport stamped from USA or do I have to travel back to India ?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
All the members, I have a query. I have applied for SOWP and Study permit for my kids from India and I will be traveling to USA in January, so after approval can I get the passport stamped from USA or do I have to travel back to India ?
SOWP and study permit is not available for sponsored family under family sponsorship outland.
Is your spouse a PR or citizen of Canada?
If NOT, you posted in the wrong section of the forum. People are talking about submit passport for COPR/visa to land as PR.

Yve Ngom

Feb 12, 2023
Got response from delhi :

Further be advised that the passport could be submitted to closest location geographically for further processing of your application along with the passport request letter.

Looks like a positive response to me. Seems like it is possible to submit it elsewhere.

Yve Ngom

Feb 12, 2023
Hello my Dear
I am in the same situation today I would like to get advise from since you already deal with

weslan

May 4, 2023
Hello good evning
just have a question . Now I am living in Mexico city, but I am from Morocco.

I applied for a permit work in Mexico city and it was approved, I got the passport request letter.
Maybe I will travel to Morocco in these days, my question is:

Can I submit my passport request in VFS Global in Morocco?

Thank you in advance

Best regards!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello good evning
just have a question . Now I am living in Mexico city, but I am from Morocco.

I applied for a permit work in Mexico city and it was approved, I got the passport request letter.
Maybe I will travel to Morocco in these days, my question is:

Can I submit my passport request in VFS Global in Morocco?

Thank you in advance

Best regards!
Same as the rest of this thread. YOu can submit to a VFS office anywhere. It may take some doing to clarify this with VFS, you may want to contact the global chatline beforehand.

Jiln

Jul 30, 2023
Hi dears,
Please advise
I applied for Canada work visa from India and last week I received PPR.
Due to the current issues, seems it might take longer processing time in India.
So, I'm planning to submit passport in VFS Saudi Arabia (I'm employed in Saudi Arabia since 2018).
Is it possible?
will affect the result?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi dears,
Please advise
I applied for Canada work visa from India and last week I received PPR.
Due to the current issues, seems it might take longer processing time in India.
So, I'm planning to submit passport in VFS Saudi Arabia (I'm employed in Saudi Arabia since 2018).
Is it possible?
will affect the result?
This discussion is for family class sponsorship (PR/citizen sponsoring families to become PRs).
So while it's fine to send passport to stamp for COPR/landing/PR visa to a different VO, I have NO idea if that's the same for worker permit/visa.

Post your question in foreign worker.