+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can two 1 year grad certificate gives 3year w.p

Dragon42

Feb 23, 2012
Hello!

I think that this option of 1 year MBA at least veeery risky. Now I'm thinking about this ACCA->brookes oxford bachelor degree in accounting(for quebec program)-> cga(2-3 years - in total)->quebec province program-> permanent visa(this add 1 year)-> 1 year MBA at HEC. So in 4 years I can get permanent visa and after that start my MBA. This approach looks for me less risky and less costly(course duration -1 year(!) and 15,000 instead of 30,000(!) as a non-resident) + IELTS is not required after degree in english language

Am I wrong here?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dragon42 said:
Hello!

I think that this option of 1 year MBA at least veeery risky. Now I'm thinking about this ACCA->brookes oxford bachelor degree in accounting(for quebec program)-> cga(2-3 years - in total)->quebec province program-> permanent visa(this add 1 year)-> 1 year MBA at HEC. So in 4 years I can get permanent visa and after that start my MBA. This approach looks for me less risky and less costly(course duration -1 year(!) and 15,000 instead of 30,000(!) as a non-resident) + IELTS is not required after degree in english language

Am I wrong here?
Hi,

It would be your choice, still;

(Option 1): MBA of around 18 months with a 3 year PGWP. As per CIC, 16 months = 4 semesters = 2 year academic term

=Not fully employed for 18 months + $30,000 (MBA tuition) + $12,600 (living expenses for 18 months, considering $700 per month) = $42,600

OR,

(Option 2):

=Not fully employed for 4 years + Tuition (ACCA) + Tuition (BA in Accounting) + Tuition (CGA) + $15,000 (MBA tuition after PR) + $33,600 (living expenses for 4 years, 700/months = You are smart enough to understand.

tiger007

Champion Member
rajamdgl said:
hi enfeild thanks for ur rep but theres a programme in seneca professional accounting practice and its a full time 3 semester programme and the total credit hours adds to 57 will it give me a three year w.p???????[/URL]
Hi,

As far as I know, ONLY the MASTER'S level programmes with credit hours of 55+ will qualify one for 3 years post graduate work permit. It doesn't apply to 1 year PG Certificates or diplomas.. whether it may be of 36 or 63 credit hours!

Others can add/ rectify.

Dragon42

Feb 23, 2012
Sorry, enfield!

Maybe I expressed my ideas a bit unclear and missed some parts, but my new plan is to apply for a quebec program or MBA only in 3 years and I'm going to spend this time in the mother country.

My spendings:

ACCA ($1500) -> + 1-2 exams CGA (+ ?$500?).

Brookes oxford colledge can provide bachelor degree in accounting through distance education. But this degree have the same rights as traditonal degree, and due to an agreement betwen ACCA and Brookes oxford colledge you need only to write 26-pages-research on some theme(+$200).

Profit. For $2200 and some time spent on this studies I can get these useful in Canada certificates, PR visa and save $15,000 for tuition fees + IELTS is not required anymore for MBA.

The crucial for my plan are possibles changes in Quebec province program and thier attitude toward this distance degree. Any ideas about it?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dragon42 said:
Sorry, enfield!

Maybe I expressed my ideas a bit unclear and missed some parts, but my new plan is to apply for a quebec program or MBA only in 3 years and I'm going to spend this time in the mother country.

My spendings:

ACCA ($1500) -> + 1-2 exams CGA (+ ?$500?).

Brookes oxford colledge can provide bachelor degree in accounting through distance education. But this degree have the same rights as traditonal degree, and due to an agreement betwen ACCA and Brookes oxford colledge you need only to write 26-pages-research on some theme(+$200).

Profit. For $2200 and some time spent on this studies I can get these useful in Canada certificates, PR visa and save $15,000 for tuition fees + IELTS is not required anymore for MBA.

The crucial for my plan are possibles changes in Quebec province program and thier attitude toward this distance degree. Any ideas about it?

Anyway, thanks for your help!
Hi,

1. With distance educational qualification, you are NOT eligible for PR, Post Graduate Work Permit & Off-Campus Work Permit.

Brian Chu

Feb 28, 2012
Hi,
I am new to this forum and have a question that, if I have the Study permit for 1 year post graduate course, then after that course I want to register for another course, is it difficult to apply for extension of study permit?
Thanks
Brian

tiger007

Champion Member
Brian Chu said:
Hi,
I am new to this forum and have a question that, if I have the Study permit for 1 year post graduate course, then after that course I want to register for another course, is it difficult to apply for extension of study permit?
Thanks
Brian
Hi,
As far as I think, usually it should not be a problem to extend your study permit before the expiry of your current study permit, while in Canada. You should apply for renewal at least 30 days before your current permit expires. Depending upon your background, you may also need to apply for a TRV.
To know more visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-extend.asp

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiger007 said:
Hi,
As far as I think, usually it should not be a problem to extend your study permit before the expiry of your current study permit, while in Canada. You should apply for renewal at least 30 days before your current permit expires. Depending upon your background, you may also need to apply for a TRV.
To know more visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-extend.asp
Hi,

And,

1. Must meet the financial capacity requirement of CAD 10,000/year living expenses.
2. TRV is required only if you wish re-enter Canada, else you can stay in Canada on an expired TRV.

Brian Chu

Feb 28, 2012
Hi Tiger and Enfield,

Thank you for your information,
As from my understanding, the advance diploma courses in colleges like (humber, centenial, seneca...) are post secondary level, so if you have the Bachelor degree outside of Canada, how about the chance to get study permit in the advance diploma course (fast track option / opt) ?
Brs
Brian

tiger007

Champion Member
Brian Chu said:
Hi Tiger and Enfield,

Thank you for your information,
As from my understanding, the advance diploma courses in colleges like (humber, centenial, seneca...) are post secondary level, so if you have the Bachelor degree outside of Canada, how about the chance to get study permit in the advance diploma course (fast track option / opt) ?
Brs
Brian
Hi,

As far as i know, Advanced diplomas are usually 3 years and may or may not require University degrees. So, if one has a Bachelor's degree, then that person must look for PG/graduate level studies such as 2-3 years fast track advanced diploma which requires University degree as prerequisite for admission, 1-2 years PG level Certificates/ Diplomas or Master's degree. The chances of your study permit for any course, definitely increases if you have better marks, lesser gap years, stronger financial background (you/your parents/ or whoever sponsoring you), show studies are for matching (related to your field) and higher or at-least similar level course, work experience certificates(with ITR/tax returns proof,to make that work ex valid or legitimate) preferably in your field of study, better IELTS score etc. And hence, it depends on a variety of factors and of course luck plays it's part. So,no one can be sure.