+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can two 1 year grad certificate gives 3year w.p

rajamdgl

Feb 15, 2012
pls guys help can anybody tell me that two consecutive 1 year post grad cetificate course work out for 3years of w.p
if yes then what would be the total duration of that course??
can i transfer credits of my first certificate or my degree(frm india)to make that second certificate course shorter in lenght???
pl hlp me out?? :eek:

tiger007

Champion Member
rajamdgl said:
pls guys help can anybody tell me that two consecutive 1 year post grad cetificate course work out for 3years of w.p
if yes then what would be the total duration of that course??
No. 2 consecutive 1 year post grad cert/diploma will give you only a 2 years post grad work permit. However, if you do a 1 year post grad cert/diploma and then move on to do a 1 year Masters level course, then you 'll get a 3 years post graduate work permit.

rajamdgl

Feb 15, 2012
hey tiger thanks for ur rep but some of my frnds said that its possible it all depends on credit hours
and u havent answered my second query???
anybody whos doing or who had alredy done this thing pls hlp??? :'(

tiger007

Champion Member
rajamdgl said:
hey tiger thanks for ur rep but some of my frnds said that its possible it all depends on credit hours
It depends on credit hours for Master's level course.say, if you do an high intensive MBA of 55-59 credit hours or more ( as far as I have read/know), then whether be it 12,14,18 or 24 months MBA..doesn't matter and you will get a 3 years post grad work permit. But as far as I know, same is not applicable for two separate 1 year post grad certificate/diploma. However, if you do a single 2 years course of PG cert/diploma you will get a 3 years work permit, provided that course is minimum 16 months/4 Sem. long.

I can't say about transfer of credits, as to confirm you must contact individual colleges/ Universities.

rajamdgl

Feb 15, 2012
i alredy did i got aoffer from niagara college and they said it is possible but i dont think there would be enoghjob opportunities in niagara notl region
do you have any idea bout that??

tiger007

Champion Member
rajamdgl said:
i alredy did i got aoffer from niagara college and they said it is possible but i dont think there would be enoghjob opportunities in niagara notl region
do you have any idea bout that??
Niagara college..which course? duration? Niagara college ,I've heard is good for Hospitality/ culinary courses, as it is right in the hotbed of a popular tourist region, and so internships/jobs are comparatively easier to find in the fields of hospitality/culinary. But at the end it all depends on you to bag a good job.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajamdgl said:
Hi,

Transfer of credit is more a matter between you and your prospective school. With credit transfer from India (or any country) to Canada, you will get;

1. PGWP only for the credit hours you complete in Canada. Your credit hours from other schools are useless for PGWP.
2. PGWP only if you receive a passing certificate/degree/transcripts from the recognized school in Canada.

rajamdgl

Feb 15, 2012
hey tiger they r offering me ibm or hr certificate and after that they said that u have to do one more semester of studies of second year and then they will give me a
two year grad certificate but i have to only pay for 3 semester aooeding to them ..

thanks enfield can u tell me any other way of getting a 3 year w.p by doing one year dip or cert because i dont think niagara would be a good choice for considering a management programme and i am not that financially
capable to do a two year course at stretch..

tiger007

Champion Member
rajamdgl said:
hey tiger they r offering me ibm or hr certificate and after that they said that u have to do one more semester of studies of second year and then they will give me a
two year grad certificate but i have to only pay for 3 semester aooeding to them ..
Hmm.. that's new... If that's the case..and if it's accepted by the CIC..then I guess..keeping aside..the job opportunities after graduation..it's a good option for those who want a 2 years post grad work permit by studying just 3 semesters! But I doubt that! However, as far as CIC is concerned, 3 SEM study should give a post grad work permit of the actual number of months studied and to claim a 3 years post grad work permit, one must do an at-least 4 SEM/16 months course of 2 years.

Dragon42

Feb 23, 2012
I share the same problem but I can't find information to support this strategy. I can't afford 2 years program and it wold be great to get 3 years work permit after 1 year of MBA, but for now no luck in my search :'(

rajamdgl

Feb 15, 2012
hey dragon which mba r u talking about???
and i think this is the most asked and uncleared topic
any seniors pls hlp us out!!!!! :'(

Dragon42

Feb 23, 2012
I asked this question on the other forum for MBA students and I got this answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon42
Hi Mukul,

I'm considering entering one of the MBA programs in Canada for international students and continue to live Canada after graduation. I don't want to spend time and money on 2 years MBA program. So, I would like to get 1 year MBA like HEC Montréal can provide.

However, I am concerned about work permit. As I know, 1 year of education in Canada can be converted in 1 year work permit and it's hard(impossible) to get PR after that. However, recently I stuck upon information that if number of credits in the course is 57-59, then it's possible to get 3 years work permit in Canada even with 1 year MBA program.

Can you clarify this information and give me some advice on how to get PR after only 1 year of education in Canada?

I will be grateful for any help you can provide with these queries.
Thanks!

To clarify your doubts:
1) 1 or 3 year PG work permit is based on duration of program and not on credits. Forget about getting a 3 year pg work permit post 1 year mba at HEC.
2) PR: you can apply for it during your mba in quebec and it should come before your pg work permit expires in nov 2014(if quebec skilled worker is open next year and also if you are eligible).
3) If you have a job then you can get PR in no time irrespective of your location, duration of mba completed etc.

I hope I answered all your queries well.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dragon42 said:
I asked this question on the other forum for MBA students and I got this answer

[/i]

To clarify your doubts:
1) 1 or 3 year PG work permit is based on duration of program and not on credits. Forget about getting a 3 year pg work permit post 1 year mba at HEC.
2) PR: you can apply for it during your mba in quebec and it should come before your pg work permit expires in nov 2014(if quebec skilled worker is open next year and also if you are eligible).
3) If you have a job then you can get PR in no time irrespective of your location, duration of mba completed etc.

I hope I answered all your queries well.
Hi,

1. If you think 2 year program will give you a 3 year work permit, read www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-studied-for-2-years-still-got-1-year-work-permit-t84571.0.html
I hope after reading this thread, you won't say it's CIC fault.

In this thread, you may like to read my post www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t88296.0.html;msg1108584#msg1108584

*All my views are restricted ONLY to 12 or 15 months MBA program. MBA is the ONLY program where a student have an option to complete 52 to 60 credits hours (a regular 2 year MBA) in only 11/12/15 months (intensive MBA program). If you are still in doubt, I encourage you to consider a straight 2 year MBA option.

2. In quebec, your best option would be 'Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ)', you are eligible to apply for PR if you know oral french and expect to graduate with MBA degree (one of the listed qualification) with in the last 6 months of course duration.
3. Atleast under 'Programme de l'expérience québécoise (PEQ)', you do NOT need any job offer.

rajamdgl

Feb 15, 2012
hi enfeild thanks for ur rep but theres a programme in seneca professional accounting practice and its a full time 3 semester programme and the total credit hours adds to 57 will it give me a three year w.p???????[/URL]