+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can the parents stay in other province while PGP is on process?

rhosan02

Nov 27, 2018
does anybody here have siblings and in different province like my sister is from bc and im from alberta but my prents will be stayed in alberta is that fine are they gonna have problems when they applied citezenship any thoughts? please and thank you please no bashing thank you in advance

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
does anybody here have siblings and in different province like my sister is from bc and im from alberta but my prents will be stayed in alberta is that fine are they gonna have problems when they applied citezenship any thoughts? please and thank you please no bashing thank you in advance
Your parents are visitors. They can travel anywhere they like.

rhosan02

Nov 27, 2018
Your parents are visitors. They can travel anywhere they like.
hello like there an on going or i mean they been selected in PGP 2024 and my sister is the one will sponsor them but she live in bc and i live in alberta and they want to stay with me while the application is on process is do they will have problems with that? thanks for your reply

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hello like there an on going or i mean they been selected in PGP 2024 and my sister is the one will sponsor them but she live in bc and i live in alberta and they want to stay with me while the application is on process is do they will have problems with that? thanks for your reply
Being sponsored on PGP DO NOT give them any speical status. They are visitors.
Do they have super visas? If not, remember to extend their stay as visitor before their 6 month default visitor status has expired.

rhosan02

Nov 27, 2018
Being sponsored on PGP DO NOT give them any speical status. They are visitors.
Do they have super visas? If not, remember to extend their stay as visitor before their 6 month default visitor status has expired.
thank you so much yes we always did that they been doinh that long time ago for 14yrs only regular tvr

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I don't think there are restrictions before or after they become PRs.

Reactions: Buletruck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
thank you so much but ill call the hotline to celar this
Sadly the IRCC call line often provides incorrect information. Send a webform so you have a concrete answer with proof of the response. BeforePR is likely the issue because once parents are granted PR they technically have freedom of movement. Given that you are that you will be the one financially responsible for caring for your parents and are applying to sponsor them through family reunification (not your sister) it does go against the intent of the program.