+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can someone help?

handyandy

Jun 1, 2011
i came to canada back on july 7th,i had a job offer,all was well,employer did paperwork only to find out that because its for a tow truck driver and they pay by the job,ie commision that wouldn't count,so i figured i'm here now i'll find another job,another 5 jobs later and no employer willing to do the visa paperwork(due to employer responsabilities),i'm now stuck,i assume i have to leave by jan 7th or i'm screwed?i now live with a girlfriend here,but i know i'm to late to apply to extend my visa?can anyone help?i'm lost and very concerned,the only thing i have left worth money is the pick up truck i bought when i got here which is now up for sale as without that selling i cant afford to fly back to the uk.
Please can anyone help?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You can still send the application for extension of your visit. The application package should reach CPC-Vegreville on or before the expiration of your stay. Send it be y courier or next day delivery. Be sure to attach all the requirements.

handyandy said:
i came to canada back on july 7th,i had a job offer,all was well,employer did paperwork only to find out that because its for a tow truck driver and they pay by the job,ie commision that wouldn't count,so i figured i'm here now i'll find another job,another 5 jobs later and no employer willing to do the visa paperwork(due to employer responsabilities),i'm now stuck,i assume i have to leave by jan 7th or i'm screwed?i now live with a girlfriend here,but i know i'm to late to apply to extend my visa?can anyone help?i'm lost and very concerned,the only thing i have left worth money is the pick up truck i bought when i got here which is now up for sale as without that selling i cant afford to fly back to the uk.
Please can anyone help?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
job_seeker is correct - you can still apply for an extension if you get the paperwork together now and send the package via courier to make sure it gets there in time.

Note that the call centre staff don't always give correct responses. We're heard many stories here where incorrect information was provided when people called the CIC hotline.