+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can someone explain this to me?

gupt07ash

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
It's confusing but I wanna know exactly what this means:-

"This is to confirm that the above named student has been accepted into a program where a select number of co-op seats may be available in future semester.
Acceptance to the co-op stream of the program is based on the student’s grade point average and availability of seats within the program. Should the student be awarded a place in the co-op program in a future semester, work term(s) are an integral part of the program. The work term(s) is related to the student’s program of study and must be completed in order to graduate. A place in the co-op program is not guaranteed and may not align with the student’s semester start date/intake.
Due to work permit processing times and tight timelines upon acceptance into the co-op stream, a co-op work permit is required at this time to meet the above requirement should the opportunity for the student become available".

I applied for Co-op program
Question is do I get Co-op or not? If not, is it any good??

mircearos

Feb 6, 2019
From this it is clear that you did not get a co-op seat. You have been accepted in the program and, based on your grades and availability you might be placed into a co-op. This basically, tells you to apply for the work permit as well at this time, as, if you do get selected to be part of the co-op, it might take too long to apply then.
Cheers!

Reactions: gupt07ash
Oct 16, 2018
It's confusing but I wanna know exactly what this means:-

"This is to confirm that the above named student has been accepted into a program where a select number of co-op seats may be available in future semester.
Acceptance to the co-op stream of the program is based on the student’s grade point average and availability of seats within the program. Should the student be awarded a place in the co-op program in a future semester, work term(s) are an integral part of the program. The work term(s) is related to the student’s program of study and must be completed in order to graduate. A place in the co-op program is not guaranteed and may not align with the student’s semester start date/intake.
Due to work permit processing times and tight timelines upon acceptance into the co-op stream, a co-op work permit is required at this time to meet the above requirement should the opportunity for the student become available".

I applied for Co-op program
Question is do I get Co-op or not? If not, is it any good??
I am guessing its like getting to work realtime during your study which will be at the end of study period but the seats will be limited and you have to get good grades during the first semester and also the next to be eligible for the Co-op.

Reactions: gupt07ash

gupt07ash

Star Member
Jan 24, 2019
From this it is clear that you did not get a co-op seat. You have been accepted in the program and, based on your grades and availability you might be placed into a co-op. This basically, tells you to apply for the work permit as well at this time, as, if you do get selected to be part of the co-op, it might take too long to apply then.
Cheers!
Thanks