+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can PPR deadline (30 days to submit passport) be extended?

Kimiirawrrs

Feb 4, 2017
Hi all,

I just received my passport request dated 19 October 2017 and I have 30 days to submit it.

However, I already have a trip planned to Canada for the whole of December starting from 30 Nov.

If I submit my passport, I might not get it back in time for my trip.

My concern is that, even with an extension to 60days from now, I won’t be able to meet their deadline. Anyone has received an extension for more than 60 days?

Usually how accommodating are they for extensions given this is a holiday and not a business trip?

Any advice is appreciated.
Thank you

Reactions: Uncle_Iroh

tichupichu

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
I am also in a similar situation. Our passports are with Newzealand embassy and we have received ppr. We got delayed in checking the mail as it the CIC account was not updated. Now we have only 6 days to send passports to Canadian embassy. We have requested NZ embassy for passport withdrawal but hopes are low as times is very less. Can we get extension if we apply for it.???

Hi

I had a similar situation and I sent the intimation to the email address given in the email and requested for 60 days extention.
I didn’t get the response for around 2 months and my deadline was missed. But after 2 months I got the email that my requested was accepted and the extention was given but i was not informed. After 1 day i got a new “ready for Visa” email with a fresh deadline of 30 days.

So folks .. whatever your situation is, just make sure to inform cic asap and request for 30/60/90 days extention as the case may be with proper explanation and all the supports for eg your tickets/visa application to other embassies etc.

They are accomodating and will give you an extention if the situation is reasonable.

Ps. My original deadline was 12 sept and it’s now extended to 30 Nov

Reactions: Sam Lyvannak

Canada PPR

Nov 2, 2017
Yes - as long as you provide sufficient evidence (scans etc) via email. I was given a 30 day extension myself.
Hi Cupcakes,

Just to check to whom you wrote to seek an extension. I am in a similar situation and an extension of 30 days would help me.

Please help to reply.

Thanks !

Dec 31, 2015
Hello All,

I also have same problem. I got letter from IRCC to submit my passport within 30days in India. However I will not be able to submit the passport as I am out of country and cannot travel to India at the moment as I have a newborn (2 months) baby. I wanted to know the following:-
1. Can I submit the passport of all the three application by myself? In this case I alone can travel and submit the passport in India.
2. If above points is not possible then can I request IRCC to change the passport submission from India to my current country location?
3. If above both points are not possible then can I get extension of 60 days?

If anyone has got extension, then it will be helpful if they can provide guidance on this matter.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hello All,

I also have same problem. I got letter from IRCC to submit my passport within 30days in India. However I will not be able to submit the passport as I am out of country and cannot travel to India at the moment as I have a newborn (2 months) baby. I wanted to know the following:-
1. Can I submit the passport of all the three application by myself? In this case I alone can travel and submit the passport in India.
2. If above points is not possible then can I request IRCC to change the passport submission from India to my current country location?
3. If above both points are not possible then can I get extension of 60 days?

If anyone has got extension, then it will be helpful if they can provide guidance on this matter.
STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;

· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

NOTE:
as you have a newborn you have to inform that, your process will be delayed till you have completed all the new requirements
if you don't inform the newborn, the newborn will not be able/allowed to get the permanent residency, perhaps you will not be allowed to land.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2015
STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;

· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

NOTE:
as you have a newborn you have to inform that, your process will be delayed till you have completed all the new requirements
if you don't inform the newborn, the newborn will not be able/allowed to get the permanent residency, perhaps you will not be allowed to land.
Dear MPSQRA,
Thanks for the reply and sorry for not giving clarity in my previous post.
After the ITA i got another letter from CIC to provide the details of the child. I provided all the required details of the child as asked by them. After this request i got the information for submission of the passport of me, my wife and the child. But as the child is 02 months and the vaccination is line-up for the child. So I cannot travel with them. So I wanted to know if I can do the submission by myself or can change the visa office location.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Dear MPSQRA,
Thanks for the reply and sorry for not giving clarity in my previous post.
After the ITA i got another letter from CIC to provide the details of the child. I provided all the required details of the child as asked by them. After this request i got the information for submission of the passport of me, my wife and the child. But as the child is 02 months and the vaccination is line-up for the child. So I cannot travel with them. So I wanted to know if I can do the submission by myself or can change the visa office location.
ok, sorry for my misunderstood.
I suggest to go/call to the closest Canada's Embassy/Consulate or the closest VAC (VFS Global Services).
https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Index.html

Sukh90

Nov 9, 2017
hello, I am in the same boat as well, so I got PPR on 3 January to submit my passport within 30 days, however, i have an exam on 27 January as well as plans to travel to India for marriage on 28 January, My husband is traveling on 25 January. I didn't know I can ask for an extension, however, I did send an email with ticket and examination details and asked what should I do? Also, i send a regular email to CIC Ottawa email I didn't know about priority email. Should I send them an email again or Should I wait for them to respond? If I send my passport I won't get it back anyway?
Any suggestion appreciated

kdmadan2016

Aug 15, 2017
hello, I am in the same boat as well, so I got PPR on 3 January to submit my passport within 30 days, however, i have an exam on 27 January as well as plans to travel to India for marriage on 28 January, My husband is traveling on 25 January. I didn't know I can ask for an extension, however, I did send an email with ticket and examination details and asked what should I do? Also, i send a regular email to CIC Ottawa email I didn't know about priority email. Should I send them an email again or Should I wait for them to respond? If I send my passport I won't get it back anyway?
Any suggestion appreciated

I request you to pls submit before the last date. Since they will never respond and we had to change our tickets plans and everything to submit our passport to get it done. And then they will give your passport back in 30 Days with the stamp.

cc31

Sep 5, 2017
Canada
To whoever needing a clarification on 30-day PPR deadline submission extension -

In your 'ready to visa' mail, you must have received an email address where you can email your concerns. I had a similar situation and explained to them about my travel plans, attached confirmed ticket (also attach travel visa if this applies). I received a 30 days extension so total of 60 days to submit passport since PPR date.

Sukh90

Nov 9, 2017
To whoever needing a clarification on 30-day PPR deadline submission extension -

In your 'ready to visa' mail, you must have received an email address where you can email your concerns. I had a similar situation and explained to them about my travel plans, attached confirmed ticket (also attach travel visa if this applies). I received a 30 days extension so total of 60 days to submit passport since PPR date.
how many days approximately it takes to get reply for the email ?

Sukh90

Nov 9, 2017
I request you to pls submit before the last date. Since they will never respond and we had to change our tickets plans and everything to submit our passport to get it done. And then they will give your passport back in 30 Days with the stamp.
hmmm i also have an exam for which i need passport and i can't postpone exam :(