+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can not stay in Canada to receive PR Card

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

I am in a situation that I have received my PR Visa and it will be expiring in November'2011, but I can not move permanently right now. So, I was planning to visit Canada for 2 weeks in October to complete the basic PR formalities and return back to my native country. And then, I plan to permanently move to Canada in 2012 end or in 2013.

But I hear from some of my contacts that nowadays people are facing problem in getting PR Card in one time. And very specifically most of the time photos are getting rejected for PR Cards and Authorities are sending red letters and asking applicants to resubmit their photos personally.

If that being the case, will I have any problem/risk in entering Canada again to complete the PR formalities ? And what is the right process to reenter Canada in this case ?

Please share your inputs.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't worry. It's alright.

Just tell the truth when you land as permanent resident. When you are ready to permanently move to Canada in 2012 or 2013, apply a travel document from any Canadian consulate/embassy. Afterwards, pay $50 and re-apply for a new PR card.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Dear..i had the same situation. At the time of landing in April 2011, i informed IO about my real intention i.e. two weeks only than return to do final wrap up. Shared canadian address for delivery of PRCs. When signing the COPR, asked IO about clarity of pictures and as per specification..answer was all ok. Received all PRCs in 42 working days at Canadian address.

Risk is offcourse their for any type of issue in PRCs. In order to re-enter Canada, u than will be required to apply for PRTD from CHC, from the place you are permanently residing, on the basis of your landing record which may take max two weeks.

As a matter of safety, do carry extra photos as per CHC specification for PRCs at the time of landing and share it with IO to ensure all goes well.

gud luk
asyousuf

monty_2k1

Jul 25, 2011
I am also facing a similar situation I got the immigrant visa recently & the expiry date is the end of March 2012 I intend to land there in the first week of March but I have to return within a week due to personal compulsions & shift permanently to Canada after 6-7 months The issue here is that should I tell the IO on landing of my intention to return back to my home country within a week due to unavoidable circumstances & that my PR card be mailed to the Canadian address of my friends here I also want to know what are the documents I need to carry in order to obtain a PR Card

Kindly advice me regarding this I hope there is no problem?? :-\

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
monty_2k1 said:
I am also facing a similar situation I got the immigrant visa recently & the expiry date is the end of March 2012 I intend to land there in the first week of March but I have to return within a week due to personal compulsions & shift permanently to Canada after 6-7 months The issue here is that should I tell the IO on landing of my intention to return back to my home country within a week due to unavoidable circumstances & that my PR card be mailed to the Canadian address of my friends here I also want to know what are the documents I need to carry in order to obtain a PR Card

Kindly advice me regarding this I hope there is no problem?? :-\
According to my knowledge many people need to complete the landing before visa expiry and return back to their place because of various personal and unavoidable circumstances. Hence they either wait for the PR card or entrust their relative or friend to send the PR Card by courier. Others who don't have such connection in Canada used to leave the country and re-enter with Travel document from the concerned Canadian embassies.

I suggest you don't need to disclose your intention of returning immediately to the Immigration Officer while landing. Just give whatever address (friend's or relative's address ) for the PR Card and complete the landing formalities. You may leave Canada as per your plan, ensuring your friend will despatch the PR card by courier to you. Good luck.

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
Dear Monty

kindly refer my answer on this thread. For docs to carry, COPR, your passport, latest pics as per CHC specification, proof of funds (DD, Traveller's cheque, Cash).

Just FYI, it is advisable not to arrange courier delivery of PRC from Canada as it is risky and to some extent, not legal. Better wait for somebody who is visiting Canada and should bring in person. I did the same through a contact in UAE who fortunately was in Canada during those days when my PRCs were ready.
gud luk
asyousuf

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asyousuf said:
Dear Monty

kindly refer my answer on this thread. For docs to carry, COPR, your passport, latest pics as per CHC specification, proof of funds (DD, Traveller's cheque, Cash).

Just FYI, it is advisable not to arrange courier delivery of PRC from Canada as it is risky and to some extent, not legal. Better wait for somebody who is visiting Canada and should bring in person. I did the same through a contact in UAE who fortunately was in Canada during those days when my PRCs were ready.
gud luk
asyousuf
Hi asyousuf,

There is no restriction for sending PR Card out of Canada by courier or mail. CIC will not mail it out of country but individually it can be.
Risks are always there if it is lost. People used to send Passports by mail and courier which is more sensitive than a PR Card.

Please look at this link on similar topic:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-card-delivery-t31951.0.html

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wilson and guys,

Thanks for responding. I agree with all the points that we should provide Canada address for PR Card and if possible ask some of our friend/relative to bring it in person, when they are coming or least, should ask them to send it through some reliable courier (e.g. FedEx, DHL etc)

But here is my main concern as mentioned by "Eduardo Picazo" in below thread that if they ask us to pick PR Card in person, then in that case will we have any issue in obtaining 'temporary' "PR Travel Document" from local CHC, so as to reenter Canada ?

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/pr-card-delivery-t31951.0.html

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D Hi Can 2010,

I did see various posts in this forum that PR Cards were not issued even after 8 weeks and some people were asked to present in CIC Office personally to take their photograph. They don't want a studio photograph. So if some one is asked to appear for photograph, there could be problem for leaving Canada. I think such cases are very rare..

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wilson said:
:D Hi Can 2010,

I did see various posts in this forum that PR Cards were not issued even after 8 weeks and some people were asked to present in CIC Office personally to take their photograph. They don't want a studio photograph. So if some one is asked to appear for photograph, there could be problem for leaving Canada. I think such cases are very rare..
Thanks Wilson,

So, if i understand correctly, if CIC office calls personally to take photograph, then we will not be able to get "PR Travel Document" from CHC local office to travel to Canada to submit photos personally ??

Please confirm.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, Please don't think about the negative side and get worried.. I hope nothing will happen in any way that could create problem for your re-entry.

If you look at several posts and discussion in this forum about this topic, you can see that a good number of people were leaving Canada after landing. Their PR Cards were send to them either by courier ( mostly ) or through their friends/ relatieves travelling to their country.

Unfortunately if you will be required to return to Canada before reaching /issueing your PR Card, then you have the option to apply for the Travel Document from the nearest Canadian Mission where you live. You have to pay the fee and submit the details in the application form. You have to keep the COPR copy with you when return back from Canada.

I wish you all good luck for an exit and safe return to Canada. :D

houstace

Jul 25, 2011
Hi Guys,
I am in the same boat as Can 2010. I have to enter Canada before Feb 2012. I intend to enter Canada in December and return back to my homeland in January so that my kids can complete the school year and I can complete my contract at my work place. I will then return permanently in June 2012. From what I have read that PR cards to new immigrants are mailed to the addresses that they provide. In very rare cases the new immigrants are asked to come in for photos or other kinds of verification. In such instances Travel Documents from the local CHC can be requested.
I am actually hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that no such issue arises for us and pray that the same happens for you too.
:)

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wilson said:
Hi, Please don't think about the negative side and get worried.. I hope nothing will happen in any way that could create problem for your re-entry.

If you look at several posts and discussion in this forum about this topic, you can see that a good number of people were leaving Canada after landing. Their PR Cards were send to them either by courier ( mostly ) or through their friends/ relatieves travelling to their country.

Unfortunately if you will be required to return to Canada before reaching /issueing your PR Card, then you have the option to apply for the Travel Document from the nearest Canadian Mission where you live. You have to pay the fee and submit the details in the application form. You have to keep the COPR copy with you when return back from Canada.

I wish you all good luck for an exit and safe return to Canada. :D

Thanks Wilson. It helps. :)

can_2010

Apr 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
houstace said:
Hi Guys,
I am in the same boat as Can 2010. I have to enter Canada before Feb 2012. I intend to enter Canada in December and return back to my homeland in January so that my kids can complete the school year and I can complete my contract at my work place. I will then return permanently in June 2012. From what I have read that PR cards to new immigrants are mailed to the addresses that they provide. In very rare cases the new immigrants are asked to come in for photos or other kinds of verification. In such instances Travel Documents from the local CHC can be requested.
I am actually hoping and keeping my fingers crossed that no such issue arises for us and pray that the same happens for you too.
Thanks houstace.

Lets hope for the Best that we are not asked to appear personally for photos and PR Card is issued to us without any fuss.

Thommo

Nov 20, 2010
Edmonton, Canada
houstace said:
Hi Guys,
This is the way to go! Why encumber our mind with problems the possibility of cropping up of which is very little? And there is a way out of these problems.