+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my Study visa application be rejected because of the course I chose?

karvar2

Sep 11, 2014
I already have an engineering bachelors degree in IT from India. And I also have 4.5 yrs of work experience as a developer. Will my Study visa application be rejected if I apply for a 2yr ug diploma? First of all can I do that? Will the college accept the application? Or the only options I have are PG diploma, Adv diploma, masters ?

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
karvar2 said:
I already have an engineering bachelors degree in IT from India. And I also have 4.5 yrs of work experience as a developer. Will my Study visa application be rejected if I apply for a 2yr ug diploma? First of all can I do that? Will the college accept the application? Or the only options I have are PG diploma, Adv diploma, masters ?
As you can't prove any career progression by going from bachelor to UG course chances of visa approval are quite slim. College will accept your application though. You are just another customer to them. Your best bet is Masters. Good Luck

karvar2

Sep 11, 2014
Thank you. From your answer I understand that Masters is the best way to get through the study visa application. But what are my odds if I go for an Adv. diploma or PG diploma?

Adv diploma is 3 yrs and UG diploma is 2 years right? Is UG diploma equivalent to post graduation?

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
karvar2 said:
Thank you. From your answer I understand that Masters is the best way to get through the study visa application. But what are my odds if I go for an Adv. diploma or PG diploma?

Adv diploma is 3 yrs and UG diploma is 2 years right? Is UG diploma equivalent to post graduation?
A diploma is the first 2 years of a full fledged bachelor's degree

An advanced diploma is the first 3 years of a full fledged bachelor's degree

Your only option is a master's or a PG Diploma

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
karvar2 said:

Adv Diploma and UG diploma entry requirement is +2 whereas PG diploma requirement is bachelor's. You may come across some PG diploma in spp college. Do your search. Good Luck.