+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my spouse and I land separately with CoPR

fayexume

Dec 16, 2015
Hi, we finally get our CoPR last night under CEC after 1.5 years of waiting. We are living in Toronto so now we just need to exit the country to complete the landing. My spouse and I have different nationalities and we separately planned a short trip (~7 days) to our own home country in the end of January 2016 (the trips were booked in July 2015, with the hope of getting our CoPR before October 2015). Since it takes 2 - 3 months for the PR card to arrive after the landing, we will have to jeopardize both of our trips if we do the landing through Rainbow bridge/Peace Bridge now. Thus we want to land in Canada separately after returning from our trips in January 2016.

However, I could not find any information about whether we can land separately. I am the primary applicant of our PR application and our names are on each other's CoPR paper. I heard from somewhere that the primary applicant has to complete the landing first. I also heard from another place that the couple has to do the landing together. So I am not sure now.

Does anyone at this forum have experience/official information in that?

Thank you.

Faye

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
fayexume said:
Hi, we finally get our CoPR last night under CEC after 1.5 years of waiting. We are living in Toronto so now we just need to exit the country to complete the landing. My spouse and I have different nationalities and we separately planned a short trip (~7 days) to our own home country in the end of January 2016 (the trips were booked in July 2015, with the hope of getting our CoPR before October 2015). Since it takes 2 - 3 months for the PR card to arrive after the landing, we will have to jeopardize both of our trips if we do the landing through Rainbow bridge/Peace Bridge now. Thus we want to land in Canada separately after returning from our trips in January 2016.

However, I could not find any information about whether we can land separately. I am the primary applicant of our PR application and our names are on each other's CoPR paper. I heard from somewhere that the primary applicant has to complete the landing first. I also heard from another place that the couple has to do the landing together. So I am not sure now.

Does anyone at this forum have experience/official information in that?

Thank you.

Faye
Yes you can land separately. BUT remember principal applicant needs to land first !!!

ABS_1382

May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2014
Doc's Request.
All docs sent with the file...
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
08-03-2016 (Upfront - Med and RPRF)
Passport Req..
14-04-2016, Passport Sent: 18-04-2016, Received Back: 04-05-2016
Hello I have a follow-up query on this...My friend is the principal applicant with his wife and children as dependents....He will do his landing along with kids but his wife would join him after few days...
Can she perform the landing on her own without the principal applicant...will she be allowed?

Thanks...

rosticraphel

Star Member
Jul 24, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2014
Doc's Request.
03-11-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2014
IELTS Request
With Application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-12-2015
ABS_1382 said:
Hello I have a follow-up query on this...My friend is the principal applicant with his wife and children as dependents....He will do his landing along with kids but his wife would join him after few days...
Can she perform the landing on her own without the principal applicant...will she be allowed?

Thanks...
Don't worry.. She will be allowed.. Principal applicant should be first depends can enter after that ... But obviously before visa expires

elmano15

Oct 26, 2023
Hello. We are a family of 4. I am planning to land first and my family will join in later on, maybe after 2 3 months so I can settle in and get things ready because I have two little kids. I asked a friend, and he said we cannot do this, it would be seen as a misrepresentation or something like that, and we have to land all of us together. Can anyone clarify or have any idea what is he talking about? PNP express entry application. Thank you