+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my port of entry be different than city of landing for soft landing?

pvcanada

Jul 29, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I have received the COPR via OINP with a validity date of March. My city of destination is Toronto.
I am currently residing in the west coast USA and it is safer (due to covid) for my family to drive to Vancouver instead of flying to Toronto. Also, we are planning to do a soft landing and come back by the weekend.
Can we do the immigration at Vancouver instead?
If not, is there a way to postpone the validity expiration date?
Thank you in advance!

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I have received the COPR via OINP with a validity date of March. My city of destination is Toronto.
I am currently residing in the west coast USA and it is safer (due to covid) for my family to drive to Vancouver instead of flying to Toronto. Also, we are planning to do a soft landing and come back by the weekend.
Can we do the immigration at Vancouver instead?
If not, is there a way to postpone the validity expiration date?
Thank you in advance!
Yes you can! My city of destinations is Winnipeg but I entered via Quebec.

pvcanada

Jul 29, 2020
Yes you can! My city of destinations is Winnipeg but I entered via Quebec.
Thank you for the reply!
Can I tell the visa officers I am planning to come back the same weekend. Or do I have to show proof that I am planning to go to Toronto during this entry?

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Thank you for the reply!
Can I tell the visa officers I am planning to come back the same weekend. Or do I have to show proof that I am planning to go to Toronto during this entry?
You dont need to proof or say anything, you are already PR and you can go anywhere in Canada :) the only restriction would apply if you are trying to enter Canada by airplane or other commercial vehicle because you would need to have the PR CARD or the PRTD. if you are coming using your vehicle, no issues at all!

Veerpal_vp

May 20, 2019
Dear @legalfalcon
I just checked my COPR letter. City of destination on my COPR is Brampton but I have booked the ticket for landing in Surrey. I am FSW applicant. Will it cause any trouble or it doesn't matter ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Dear @legalfalcon
I just checked my COPR letter. City of destination on my COPR is Brampton but I have booked the ticket for landing in Surrey. I am FSW applicant. Will it cause any trouble or it doesn't matter ?
It is of no consequence.

You can land and settle in any part of Canada as long as you are not a PNP nominee. If you are a PNP nominee, you have obligations to reside in the Province of nomination.

See https://bit.ly/3M5FmKc

and https://bit.ly/3rtiVqv

Reactions: moscatojuices

enigma_2012

Nov 12, 2012
Hi All. I have received COPR via OINP (Ontario immigration Nominee program) and my city of destination is Toronto on the COPR document. Can i do a soft landing at Vancouver instead of Toronto? can i face any issues at Immigration office in Vancouver? I am aware about the obligations of PNP program and I will settle in Ontario province. When you first land in Canada, then approx how much time it takes for immigration work to finish?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi All. I have received COPR via OINP (Ontario immigration Nominee program) and my city of destination is Toronto on the COPR document. Can i do a soft landing at Vancouver instead of Toronto? can i face any issues at Immigration office in Vancouver? I am aware about the obligations of PNP program and I will settle in Ontario province. When you first land in Canada, then approx how much time it takes for immigration work to finish?

You can land at any port of entry in Canada, by land, sea or air. It does not have to be the city of destination listed on your COPR.

If you are a PNP, you will have to eventually reside in the nominating province.

See https://bit.ly/3M5FmKc

and https://bit.ly/3rtiVqv

Reactions: enigma_2012