+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can my husband claim for pr even i don't want to apply for him I applied for pr as single applicant and with and file in the court for divorce.

vhoraaleena

Jul 28, 2024
my husband came here to Canada when i was a student I applied for a spousal dependent visa for him and he came here when I was a student but I was separated from my husband when I was a student. I have been separated from my husband before applying for post post-graduation work permit. I wrote separated and did not apply for my husband. I applied for pr as a single applicant wrote divorce as applied for divorce but the divorce is not finalized yet, I completed 1 year of separation and applied in court, and submitted the divorce application in pr file. can my husband claim for pr after I will get pr? Is it possible he will apply on his own and claim for pr without my consent? is it possible? I am concerned because I got my portal 1 request and the final decision of divorce was not finalist. Is he able to do fraud and apply for pr on my base? if he would what are the documents he needs? I applied separately for PGWP. He is not willing to sign the divorce paper and also I do not want to sponsor him. Please help me with my questions.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
can my husband claim for pr after I will get pr? Is it possible he will apply on his own and claim for pr without my consent? is it possible? I am concerned because I got my portal 1 request and the final decision of divorce was not finalist. Is he able to do fraud and apply for pr on my base? if he would what are the documents he needs? I applied separately for PGWP. He is not willing to sign the divorce paper and also I do not want to sponsor him. Please help me with my questions.
He can't apply to be included in your app without your support, and he can't apply for sponsorship without your support.

He CAN apply on his own and there is nothing you can do about that.

If you want to be sure, you could attempt to call IRCC and ask to check that your own PR application has no dependents (eg spouse) included in your app.

Last edited:
Reactions: vhoraaleena

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
my husband came here to Canada when i was a student I applied for a spousal dependent visa for him and he came here when I was a student but I was separated from my husband when I was a student. I have been separated from my husband before applying for post post-graduation work permit. I wrote separated and did not apply for my husband. I applied for pr as a single applicant wrote divorce as applied for divorce but the divorce is not finalized yet, I completed 1 year of separation and applied in court, and submitted the divorce application in pr file. can my husband claim for pr after I will get pr? Is it possible he will apply on his own and claim for pr without my consent? is it possible? I am concerned because I got my portal 1 request and the final decision of divorce was not finalist. Is he able to do fraud and apply for pr on my base? if he would what are the documents he needs? I applied separately for PGWP. He is not willing to sign the divorce paper and also I do not want to sponsor him. Please help me with my questions.
He should have also gotten his own closed WP to remain in Canada legallly since he wouldn’t qualify for an SOWP after you separated and were on PGWP.

Reactions: vhoraaleena

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He cannot get PR through you. He can apply for PR on his own if he qualifies.