+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can MP help?

ehsanpasha

Oct 3, 2024
Can MP help in any way if visitor visa is rejected. My brother invited me but my application got refused.
I am wondering what happened to your case? I am also dealing with the same situation as a refusal desicion has been made to my sister's application. Did you do the reconsideration? Do they really reconsider it?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am wondering what happened to your case? I am also dealing with the same situation as a refusal desicion has been made to my sister's application. Did you do the reconsideration? Do they really reconsider it?
What were reasons for refusal? What is the error in law? Did she show her own funds, travel history and strong ties to return? Lives in country of citizenship.

ehsanpasha

Oct 3, 2024
The reasons for refusal were:

1. Insufficient assurance that she will leave Canada at the end of her stay, as per paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR.
  2. Her assets and financial situation were deemed insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel.
  3. The purpose of the visit was considered inconsistent with a temporary stay.
However, I believe there is an error in law regarding the assessment of her ties to her home country. She clearly showed:

• CAD 15,000 in her own and her husband liquid funds, plus an additional CAD 7,500 in support from me, along with accommodation at my apartment. Her husband is also applied as a dependent in her application to accompany her.
  • Ownership of two properties in her home country + two cars.
  • Strong ties, including children and a business, which clearly demonstrate her intention to return.
While she has no travel history, she has stable ties in her country of citizenship, where she currently resides. The planned one-month visit was solely for a family reunion with me as a permanent resident of Canada, as I cannot travel back home, and she is the only one available to visit due to family caregiving responsibilities.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The reasons for refusal were:

1. Insufficient assurance that she will leave Canada at the end of her stay, as per paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR.
  2. Her assets and financial situation were deemed insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel.
  3. The purpose of the visit was considered inconsistent with a temporary stay.
However, I believe there is an error in law regarding the assessment of her ties to her home country. She clearly showed:

• CAD 15,000 in her own and her husband liquid funds, plus an additional CAD 7,500 in support from me, along with accommodation at my apartment. Her husband is also applied as a dependent in her application to accompany her.
  • Ownership of two properties in her home country + two cars.
  • Strong ties, including children and a business, which clearly demonstrate her intention to return.
While she has no travel history, she has stable ties in her country of citizenship, where she currently resides. The planned one-month visit was solely for a family reunion with me as a permanent resident of Canada, as I cannot travel back home, and she is the only one available to visit due to family caregiving responsibilities.
So was husband approved and she was refused? I don’t see error in her ties.

- Funds are too low. Your funds are not relevant. IRCC sees current funds as too low and using all the savings to come to Canada. Cannot support children if using all their funds.
- Visit too long for $15k. They need to double their own funds
- Cars and properties are not really ties. Show that the properties are rentals with leasing agreements.
- Business - assume they showed business registration in their names only, business contracts to show they must return. Again one month and leaving their business is. Long time.
- Children: how old are children? Who will take care of them? Again don’t have funds to support visit and care for children.

ehsanpasha

Oct 3, 2024
Thank you for your response!

No, both were refused.

For a one-month visit for two people, we indicated CAD 15,000 in liquid funds, plus my support. I understand that temporary visas have different requirements, but IRCC's Express Entry asks for $18,288 for two people for a year. Would decreasing the duration of the visit to two weeks with the same amount of funds make the application more viable?

Regarding their ties:

Their son is in high school, and their daughter is 11 years old. My parents (their grandparents) will be taking care of the children during their visit.
If we add more funds and shorten the visit to two weeks, with business contracts in place, do you think this would strengthen the case?
I appreciate any further guidance you can provide.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

No, both were refused.

For a one-month visit for two people, we indicated CAD 15,000 in liquid funds, plus my support. I understand that temporary visas have different requirements, but IRCC's Express Entry asks for $18,288 for two people for a year. Would decreasing the duration of the visit to two weeks with the same amount of funds make the application more viable?

Regarding their ties:

Their son is in high school, and their daughter is 11 years old. My parents (their grandparents) will be taking care of the children during their visit.
If we add more funds and shorten the visit to two weeks, with business contracts in place, do you think this would strengthen the case?
Order GCMS notes before reapplying. EE is not relevant nor are your funds. Funds must be in personal accountss. So the business is in both their names?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015

No, both were refused.

Regarding their ties:

Don't just add funds to their account either. The increase in funds needs to be a logical progression, not an instant $15K overnight.

Reactions: ehsanpasha