+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can IRCC look into my undisclosed bank account?

am571

Star Member
Nov 17, 2020
Hello everyone,

Can IRCC/CIC find out and look into my undisclosed bank account if I don’t provide them my account details at all.

For example, If I have two bank accounts, one in Bank A and the other one in Bank B.
For proof of funds, If I only provide them the details(bank statement etc.) of Bank A, and NOT provide them any details of my Bank B account, would they be able to find out about my other account (Bank B) and look into it?

I am concerned regarding this because I have a student loan in Bank B which I don’t want them to know.

Thanks in advance.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone,

Can IRCC/CIC find out and look into my undisclosed bank account if I don’t provide them my account details at all.

For example, If I have two bank accounts, one in Bank A and the other one in Bank B.
For proof of funds, If I only provide them the details(bank statement etc.) of Bank A, and NOT provide them any details of my Bank B account, would they be able to find out about my other account (Bank B) and look into it?

I am concerned regarding this because I have a student loan in Bank B which I don’t want them to know.

Thanks in advance.
Depends on the applicant's nationality and any hints leading to suspicion.
For instance IRCC / any agencies in Canada can't access a UK applicant's other accounts which are not disclosed. The banks uphold their matter of privacy. still if the IRCC / INTERPOL / FBI wants to check they still can but it'll be a bit difficult when it comes to the UK but it'll be easy if it's an african country or middle eastern country.
There will be more checks if the applicant is from certain countries ( you know it)
And if an applicant is from a country from where majority immigration applications come, then the chances are high, very high.

Last edited:

laay

Dec 29, 2023
Can IRCC check bank account if you are holding closed work permit but some transaction from others deposited in your account but not income just payment while your pr application is on process?