+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can international students work as Insurance agents in Canada?

RinaM

Nov 3, 2015
Hi Friends
Can international students work as Insurance agents in Canada as Self Employed?
Any help with your expertise and advice will be appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi Friends
Can international students work as Insurance agents in Canada as Self Employed?
Any help with your expertise and advice will be appreciated.
You can work as self employed. When did you come to Canada as a student? If you are not a student now then you can work up to 20 hours per week. You would need a license.

RinaM

Nov 3, 2015
You can work as self employed. When did you come to Canada as a student? If you are not a student now then you can work up to 20 hours per week. You would need a license.
Thanks Naturgrl for your response.
I came to Canada in 2022. I am eligible to work more than 20 hours as per new law for international students till Dec 2023. I am already working full time with a company on minimum wages but still not able to cope up with fees and other monthly expenses as I have 2 young children to support.
Hence looking to get some extra income as Insurance agent to meet up the ends.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I came to Canada in 2022. I am eligible to work more than 20 hours as per new law for international students till Dec 2023. I am already working full time with a company on minimum wages but still not able to cope up with fees and other monthly expenses as I have 2 young children to support.
If you are licensed in your province then it should not be an issue. I don’t know if a person on a study permit can be licensed or has to be a PR or citizens but assume you have look at requirements, exams and licensing.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You need a license. Working as a student is never supposed to be able to cover all your costs which is why you are required to provide POFs