+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I Visit India if my Wife's Visitor Visa Application is in Progress?

RishiRShah

Jul 23, 2022
Hello Everyone,

I am on Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) in Canada and I have applied for my wife's Visitor Visa and SOWP (Spousal Open Work Permit) in June 2022 and both of them are in process. Review is not started on any one of them.
Now the question is I have to travel to India. Will the decision on these applications be affected by my travel if they start reviewing them while I am In India?
I really appreciate the community's thought on this.

Thank you

Last edited:

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am on Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) in Canada and I have applied for my wife's Visitor Visa and SOWP (Spousal Open Work Permit) in June 2022 and both of them are in process. Review is not started on any one of them.
Now the question is I have to travel to India. Will the decision on these applications be affected by my travel if they start reviewing them while I am In India?
I really appreciate the community's thought on this.

Thank you
SOWP processing time averages at 40 weeks and vv is taking 4-5 months

Now the question is I have to travel to India. Will the decision on these applications be affected by my travel if they start reviewing them while I am In India? Absolutely no impact

Good Luck

RishiRShah

Jul 23, 2022
SOWP processing time averages at 40 weeks and vv is taking 4-5 months

Now the question is I have to travel to India. Will the decision on these applications be affected by my travel if they start reviewing them while I am In India? Absolutely no impact

Good Luck
Thank you very much for your response. I think I will be able to fly confidently now