+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I visit Canada for a holiday on wx-1 visa?

ThutmoseChen

Sep 3, 2022
Hi there, I have a wx-1 business visitor visa from 2019 which is still valid, and allows multiple entries. I have already finished my business in Canada in 2020 and haven`t been back since. Now I hope to enter Canada for a personal holiday and visit some friends, can I use the wx-1 visa to enter? I found this article from CIChttps://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=456&top=16, but I`m not sure if wx-1 visa count as a temporary resident visa. Could someone help me?

amine1990

Mar 18, 2013
it's TRV visa, I have the same visa wx-1 I will be heading to calgary next week, i will keep you updated!

Jun 9, 2023
Is there any update on this? I have an old WX-1 visa which is still valid and would like to visit Canada for an academic conference. Can I use the old visa to visit again?

Ankan999

Jun 10, 2023
Is there any update on this? I have an old WX-1 visa which is still valid and would like to visit Canada for an academic conference. Can I use the old visa to visit again?
Actually in a similar situation. I also have a wx-1 visa (old) and would be going to Canada for a conference.

Jun 9, 2023
Actually in a similar situation. I also have a wx-1 visa (old) and would be going to Canada for a conference.
Do you know if it is enough to travel with this visa from any official source, since we need a visitor visa for conferences whereas this WX-1 is a business work visa. Have you done so before?

Golla30

Feb 15, 2024
I have the same problem I got my wx-1 Visa to do a 4 months internship in Quebec and now I want to go back to visit Canada as a visitor.