+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can i use my brothers bank statement as my sponsor

jonpaul360

Oct 7, 2010
hello,
i have my brother sponsoring me to do my post graduate of 8months.he has a statement of account of over $30,000 in it.i have a cover letter from him that he will be responsible for my study during this period.i also have about $6,100 in my personal account.i was adviced that my sponsor has to push his $30,000 in my account to proof that he will actually pay for my study.how much minimum do i need to have in my personal account to facilitate issuance of my study permit.when should be d perfect time to submit my application for September fall admission?

Srini2010

Aug 24, 2010
If you are going for 8 months course I assume that your tution fee would be about $5500. So you have more that the required tution fee to your credit. So, basically your brother will need to cover for your living expences. You need not necessarily transfer $ from your brothers account. You need to get his authorization, typically a letter that can hold as a leagal document (generally attested by an attorney).

However, your case will be financially strong if the $ are transfered to your account, but not a necessity.

jonpaul360

Oct 7, 2010
thanks man.can i get ur email so i can relate with u regularly outside the forum.this is my email jonpaul360@yahoo.com.i really need help on my packaging.i intend to submit very soon hopefully in april or is too soon?

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

Hi. What you need in your account is the total cost of your 8 month course+living expenses(833$ per month)+return travel ticket+a further 20% to be on the safe side. You need this money exclusively in your account for at least 4 months before you apply.

jonpaul360

Oct 7, 2010
i actually fixed the sum of 1million naira last month and have anada fixed deposit for my son for 150,00 naira.should i still wait for it to get to 4months before i apply?wont it be late?am for september o.also,what should i do about prove of accommodation?will dey want to see prove of any accommodation arrangement i have done?maybe a letter saying i have made reservation for hostel or homestay.
i dont Actually av money in my savings account.i online have money in my fix deposit account.will dat serve as my statement for available funds?

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011

When will your funds be unfixed? When will the money be available? The vo wants to see available funds not fixed.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011

You need to have the funds in cash in your account and available. Stop trying to confuse the matter by having the money in rolling accounts or fixed funds etc. You know what to do so do it and stop wasting everyones time.