+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel to India during my renewal of Workpermit processing time

sap_1956

Apr 5, 2010
Hi,
I came to canada as a dependent on my husband. After that I applied for work permit and got the job and me and my husband workpermit expires on May1st and my husband applied for renewal on Feb8th and I applied on March 8th. When I check the application Processing time in CIC.GC.Ca website it specifies Feb12(Processing Applications Recieved upto) and current processing time is 41 days. We are planning to travel to India on June 4th.
I have couple of questions:
1. Can we travel to India before he gets his work permit?
2. Eventhough he gets Work permit before india trip date, can I travel with him? What will be the working status after I return from India?can I go for work after that? or Do I loose my Implied status.? Do I need to wait for the new work permit?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sap_1956 said:
Hi,
I came to canada as a dependent on my husband. After that I applied for work permit and got the job and me and my husband workpermit expires on May1st and my husband applied for renewal on Feb8th and I applied on March 8th. When I check the application Processing time in CIC.GC.Ca website it specifies Feb12(Processing Applications Recieved upto) and current processing time is 41 days. We are planning to travel to India on June 4th.
I have couple of questions:
1. Can we travel to India before he gets his work permit?
2. Eventhough he gets Work permit before india trip date, can I travel with him? What will be the working status after I return from India?can I go for work after that? or Do I loose my Implied status.? Do I need to wait for the new work permit?
If you leave Canada on implied status, you can't return and work on implied status. You must wait for your new work permit.

tushot 84

Oct 28, 2023
Please I have a job offer from Ferme GBJ INC in Quebec and it includes accommodation and feeding allowance in the contract letter. Please am I on the right path or its fake?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I sent an email to the company and I was replied telling me to contact their immigration expert.The company is also real,does that mean someone is impersonating the company's profile.
What is the job and salary? do you have a LMIA? Asking for money? Post job and immigration contact info.

tushot 84

Oct 28, 2023
What is the job and salary? do you have a LMIA? Asking for money? Post job and immigration contact info.
The job is Fruit Manager and the salary is 14Canadian dollars per hour. No LMIA,only contract offer letter.Nobody asked me for money and immigration contact info

tushot 84

Oct 28, 2023
The job is Fruit Manager and the salary is 14Canadian dollars per hour. No LMIA,only contract offer letter.Nobody asked me for money and immigration contact info

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you are a manager and that is the wage then most likely fake. Minimum wage in Quebec is over $15 so the salary is not legal. You need a LMIA and for Quebec you need CSQ.

tushot 84

Oct 28, 2023
Thanks for your response. I have been asked by the company to send a copy of the contract letter I received. Hopefully, there be clarity. The company always responds to my email.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your response. I have been asked by the company to send a copy of the contract letter I received. Hopefully, there be clarity. The company always responds to my email.
Do not give money or personal information. You need a CSQ approval by the Quebec government and an approved LMIA to apply for a closed work permit, so ask them for those two approved documents. Then say that you will apply for a closed work permit. Have you used google map? Just a small farm.

ogdennis

Nov 6, 2023
Hi
Do you have any updates, please?
My wife received similar offer through an agent and we are a little skeptical because the agent says there's no need for LMIA since the letter says it's an open job offer, so it's going to be an open work permit instead.

The offer also mentions accommodation, weekly upkeep stipend, etc.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi
Do you have any updates, please?
My wife received similar offer through an agent and we are a little skeptical because the agent says there's no need for LMIA since the letter says it's an open job offer, so it's going to be an open work permit instead.

The offer also mentions accommodation, weekly upkeep stipend, etc.
Your agent is lying unless you are in Canada and studying or on a PGWP. If not your wife is not eligible for an open work permit and she needs a LMIA with a closed work permit. Hope you haven’t paid any money.