+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I travel and come back if I have valid status but finish the school?

Goodnews85

Dec 1, 2023
I’m currently in Canada with a study permit and am facing home challenges. I want to drop out from the college and go back home. Do I have a chance to come back to Canada on a visitor visa in future ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’m currently in Canada with a study permit and am facing home challenges. I want to drop out from the college and go back home. Do I have a chance to come back to Canada on a visitor visa in future ?
Sure. If you show funds, ties to home country, travel history and valid reason to visit.

Patron000

May 13, 2024
You need to be holding a valid TRV to enter Canada.
What do you mean by a TRV? Are you talking about a visitor visa or the student visa stamp cause both are called temporary resident visa.
My studies are completed but my study permit and student visa SW-1 is valid till September 2024. My PGWP is in implied status.
Do I need a visitor visa V-1 to travel back to canada?

Manankumar109

Jun 15, 2024
Hi,

My name is Manan.

My masters will complete in the end of the July 2024.

After 1 week I'll get my completion letter from university. Which will be approximately 2-3rd August 2024.

My study permit is expiring on 31st December 2024 and my student visa which is on my passport it is expiring on the same date.

I wanna go to USA after my final paper. Before I get my completion letter.

I'll come back to Canada on 5th September 2024.

Is there any issue if I'll go to USA immediately after my study.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

My name is Manan.

My masters will complete in the end of the July 2024.

After 1 week I'll get my completion letter from university. Which will be approximately 2-3rd August 2024.

My study permit is expiring on 31st December 2024 and my student visa which is on my passport it is expiring on the same date.

I wanna go to USA after my final paper. Before I get my completion letter.

I'll come back to Canada on 5th September 2024.

Is there any issue if I'll go to USA immediately after my study.

Thanks
If you have a valid TRV to re-enter, then no issue. Assume you have US visa.