+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I set up a new profile if I already have an application in process?

kennethdunn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
After seeing some cancellations last week, I am now paranoid about my own application.
I have missed the my last 2 trips back to my home Country in the travel history as I misunderstood the question.
Also, I have only provided my current passport with all stamped pages and not my 2 previous ones.

I am wondering if I can set up another profile and try to get another ITA. The only reason for doing this is that my FBI certificate will be. 3 months old next month and it took 14 weeks to get this document. If I wait and then my current application gets denied, I will have to go through this process again.

Let me know what you think
thanks

curious_123

Jun 19, 2014
Hey where did you find that it asked for all the stamping pages as well? All i know is that they ask for bio data page and your permits

kennethdunn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Document: Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport.
Include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc. any pages with stamps, visas or markings

It asks for (multiple). I am thinking I should of uploaded my previous ones also.

More worried about not putting the 2 trips down to my home Country. I think they could reject me for this as they will see entry and exit stamps and nothing mentioned in Travel history

nata_cap

Aug 20, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-10-2014
Nomination.....
24-09-2014
AOR Received.
26-03-2015
Med's Request
03-04-2015
Med's Done....
05-02-2015
LANDED..........
since 2009
kennethdunn said:
Document: Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple)

You must provide a clear, legible copy of your valid passport.
Include a copy of the page that shows your birth date, country of origin, etc. any pages with stamps, visas or markings

It asks for (multiple). I am thinking I should of uploaded my previous ones also.

More worried about not putting the 2 trips down to my home Country. I think they could reject me for this as they will see entry and exit stamps and nothing mentioned in Travel history
it says "valid passport" so your old ones it doenst matter...dont worry if something goes wrong you create a new profile later...no reason to panic now

Novem

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
kennethdunn said:
After seeing some cancellations last week, I am now paranoid about my own application.
I have missed the my last 2 trips back to my home Country in the travel history as I misunderstood the question.
Also, I have only provided my current passport with all stamped pages and not my 2 previous ones.

I am wondering if I can set up another profile and try to get another ITA. The only reason for doing this is that my FBI certificate will be. 3 months old next month and it took 14 weeks to get this document. If I wait and then my current application gets denied, I will have to go through this process again.

thanks
Hey kennethdunn we're in the same boat... I'm thingking if that is possible too cos my work permit will end on 2nd week of june... When is yours???

kennethdunn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am lucky in the fact my permit is good until December.
For me it's having the inconvenience and expense of getting updated police checks from 3 Countries.
I was just throwing it out there and seeing if it was aloud to make another profile and see if I was to get invited for CEC and not FSW, as it would be a different application in a different stream.
Not sure how it works.

norppa

Mar 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems CIC has changed the rules for police certificates.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

sanket.41

Star Member
Jan 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kennethdunn said:

thanks
Provide details of any trips XXX has taken outside his/her country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since his/her 18th birthday if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc

I am on work permit in Canada, my Country of originre is India, After coming to canada in 2011 i have beet to india once but i haven't kept that on my travel history.
do i need to show that as well????? :-X

kennethdunn

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
norppa said:
It seems CIC has changed the rules for police certificates.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.
Hi mate, I think don't think this applies for Express Entry. On the express entry webpage it still says they are valid for 3 months.

Being invited to apply

If you get an Invitation to Apply, you can apply for permanent residence. You will be invited only if you:

have a valid job offer,
have been nominated by a province or territory, or
are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.
If you are invited, you will have 60 days to apply online for permanent residence.

You must submit a complete application with all supporting documents or your application will be rejected.

Once you complete your application and submit it online, we will process it quickly. We plan to process most applications in six months or less. (This period starts on the date we get a complete application and ends on the date a final decision is made on your application for permanent residence.)

You will have to include copies of all documents we ask you for, like police certificates, before we will process your application. To keep your application from being rejected, you may want to get some of these documents ready while you are in the Express Entry pool.

Note that police checks are valid for 3 months.