Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I understand that is correct. The PR card delivery address must be inside Canada. However, if you are called to receive it in person when it is ready, you should be prepared to travel at short notice. It's possible that you may receive an RQ, in which case, I don't know how it works if you are outside the country.

Shirley_vic

Jan 10, 2013
zardoz said:
I understand that is correct. The PR card delivery address must be inside Canada. However, if you are called to receive it in person when it is ready, you should be prepared to travel at short notice. It's possible that you may receive an RQ, in which case, I don't know how it works if you are outside the country.
Thanks Zardoz

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you get an RQ, it's the same as if you are in Canada. You wait forever and then at some point they will call you for an interview and you would be expected to show up for it.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shirley_vic said:
Someone said we could mail our application package to our friend in Canada,then he mail it out for us.Can we?
Sure thing. The IRPA and regs do not categorically require the applicant be in Canada but rather that the application be made in Canada. Hence why mailing a PR application from Canada with a Canadian address is within the letter but not the spirit of the law. CIC appear to be getting round this lack of clarity by requiring 'Out of Canada' applicants collect their PR Cards in person. Here they will scrutinize travel documents covering the 5 year residency review period in detail.