+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I quit the job right after applying for PR?

imti_has

Dec 14, 2023
I am currently in Canada and on an open work permit. I am in the process of applying for PR through an AIP-designated employer. Can I quit the job right after applying for PR or I have to wait until I get the PR confirmation?

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I am currently in Canada and on an open work permit. I am in the process of applying for PR through an AIP-designated employer. Can I quit the job right after applying for PR or I have to wait until I get the PR confirmation?
You need to wait for the process to complete. Your employer could inform AAIP you quit and they will withdraw your nomination.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi,
I am in similar situation, so if I wait for PR to come and then quite, wil be I able to go to other province for search of employment?
Atlantic Immigration Program
The Atlantic Immigration Program is a pathway to permanent residence for skilled foreign workers and international graduates from a Canadian institution who want to work and live in 1 of Canada’s 4 Atlantic provinces—New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island or Newfoundland and Labrador.

Did you even read the terms & conditions ?

https://www.alberta.ca/aaip-alberta-express-entry-stream-eligibility#jumplinks-1

• you intend to and be able to live and work permanently in Alberta and have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta